PDA

View Full Version : Zumba Tonight

lindsaymcc
08-Nov-10, 16:56
Anyone planning on going to the new Zumba class at Pennyland primary tonight?!

I want to go, but am scared Im too much of a fatty for it to be much use!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dynamic Sounds
08-Nov-10, 17:03
As far as I know the OH is going tonight to see what it's all about. Sounds like a fun exercise thing to do.

lindsaymcc
08-Nov-10, 17:16
Ive watched some videos on YouTube etc and it does look like fun...... but only being at the start of my weight loss journey (almost 1stone down since beginning of sept) Im terrified Ill be surrounded by skinny young girls that are so much more agile!

Scarybiscuits03
08-Nov-10, 17:32
Ive watched some videos on YouTube etc and it does look like fun...... but only being at the start of my weight loss journey (almost 1stone down since beginning of sept) Im terrified Ill be surrounded by skinny young girls that are so much more agile!

Well done for ur weight loss - you've done really well! I've not managed to lose that much in 10 months! lol
You can always go along and if you feel uncomfortable then just sit and watch - Im sure you'll love it, it looks like fun!

lindsaymcc
08-Nov-10, 17:36
Well done for ur weight loss - you've done really well! I've not managed to lose that much in 10 months! lol
You can always go along and if you feel uncomfortable then just sit and watch - Im sure you'll love it, it looks like fun!

Thanks so much, Im being helped by Slimming World, so not all my own doing! Its just the exercise side of things I need to increase, and thought this might be a way of having fun whilst burning the calories!

changilass
08-Nov-10, 17:46
Just go canny on the exercise side of things if you still have that cowld Lindsey, you can alus go when you feel a bitty better.

lindsaymcc
08-Nov-10, 17:50
Yeah, I know, but if I dont go tonight when everyone is "new" Ill never go!

Ill just take it steady!!! Wish me luck!!!!! [lol][lol][lol]

johnlc
08-Nov-10, 18:04
ad love tae go but am gona wait to they start in wick as drive up and dwn thurso road enuf durin the week lol xxxxxx

lindsaymcc
09-Nov-10, 12:15
Well I went, and it was BRILLIANT! Cannot believehow much fun I had!

Would recommend anyone to give it a go regardless of age/size!

lexie
09-Nov-10, 19:10
i went too..... great fun !

lindsaymcc
09-Nov-10, 21:01
heard a rumour tonight that there is a zumba class on Thursday nights at Mount Pleasant?! Anyone know any details?!

henry20
09-Nov-10, 21:40
Yes, there is - its £3 and runs from 7.30-8.30

Its really good - I go most weeks.

hardcore superstar
10-Nov-10, 11:49
just to point out, the zumba class in mount pleasant on a thursday isn't real zumba. it's like a zumba/aerobic mix. i know of a few people who were disappointed as they were expecting the real thing. not that i want to put people off (as i am also a regular attender of that class) and it's still really good excercise and kate stewart's attitude is great. i don't want people to go with false expectations though.

dblonde
10-Nov-10, 11:53
Does anyone know if classes are starting in Wick?

divanp75
10-Nov-10, 12:01
Does anyone know if classes are starting in Wick?

if u are on facebook u need to join the zumba group
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Zumba/162892857055733

this is the information posted about wick classes:

Zumba (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zumba/162892857055733)for everybody in wick : i will be holding classes on a wednesday or thursday night depends on what night the assembly rooms have free, i will be starting on the 24 or 25th will keep you all posted, it will be from 7 to 8 :)

I havent been yet but hope to go to the thurso class next week :D

Diane

lindsaymcc
15-Nov-10, 19:44
Hope you are all going again tonight!!

Despite an awful night being up with a child, and only having had about 4hrs sleep, I will be there! It may be just what I need to get some sleep tonight!!!

thejudd
15-Nov-10, 22:24
OMG I went to the class tonight and I am hooked lol
In the morning I will deffo be feeling muscles I nenver knew I had lol
but I will be going again next week

goldilocks
18-Nov-10, 17:31
Hi

I was going to go but I feel I'd be to old to join in, as I'm over 40years of age......
Whats your age group in the class.....

Cheers

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 17:53
Honestly - there is no age limit! There were some more "senior" members there this week.

There is also talk of it being Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from next week - they are just waiting to see if Pennyland can spare the hall!

Its such good fun, and a great way to exercise without really feeling it!!!

lexie
18-Nov-10, 19:08
goldielocks.... how old is too old? i'm over 40...... fact im a fab 50.. but certainly dont class myself as senior....lol

theres no age limit.. its a brill class ... give it a go !

lexie
18-Nov-10, 19:13
hope there is 3 classes a week..... i'll be there for all 3 !;)

thejudd
18-Nov-10, 19:16
Goldilocks I am 42 and |I enjoyed the class on monday so much I am going to the wick one on wed too

TracyB
24-Nov-10, 23:08
Just been to the Wick Zumba class tonight and i have to say it was brilliant and i cant reccommend(sp!) it enough!:D
Tracy

kel24
25-Nov-10, 00:08
What does everyone wear for the class? i really want to join but don't know what to wear and not sure if i have anyone to go with yet, not confident enough to attend on my own.

lexie
25-Nov-10, 10:39
jogg bottoms n t shirt.... nothin fancy !

lindsaymcc
25-Nov-10, 12:21
i usually wear leggings and vest top and trainers......

kel24
18-Feb-11, 16:19
I was just wondering if the Zumba classes are in halkirk or castletown aswell as wick? if so does anyone have times, days and location information they could give me please :)

gunnlass
29-Mar-11, 18:52
Is there a Zumba class on a wednesday night in Mount Pleasant, if so what time is it.

Red
29-Mar-11, 20:07
I think they are:

monday pennyland 7.30
wednesday mount pleasant 7.30
thursday assembly rooms wick 7.30

gunnlass
29-Mar-11, 21:02
Thanks for that : )