PDA

View Full Version : Rok

bridgeend
08-Nov-10, 11:19
ROK which has a base in Thurso has been put into Administration this morning.:~(
Used to be called corriePlumbing and Heating when it belonged to Tullochs Inverness.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
08-Nov-10, 11:27
crikey is that like all their electical and plumbing - ie are they all same group or different divisions?

mrlennie
08-Nov-10, 11:30
Seriously? There is a guy who lives in Halkirk and I always see his van with ROK on the side of it I hope he'll be alright.

bridgeend
08-Nov-10, 11:56
More details on BBC news website Highlands and Islands.

plumber
08-Nov-10, 13:20
All Rok staff have been sent home, and told to wait for more inforation.

annemarie482
08-Nov-10, 13:20
what a shame, its never good hearing such news.

ducati
08-Nov-10, 23:11
Its worse than that it is Tulloch's as well, Rok Group owns the whole shabang (except I think Tulloch Homes but I might be wrong).
From their web site: "PricewaterhouseCoopers, were appointed as joint administrators of Rok plc and Rok Building Limited".

Tubthumper
08-Nov-10, 23:16
I wonder if this is the start of many such collapses as our public spending cuts start to bite?

But Rok's financial director got hoofed for 'irregularities' recently. Has he snaffled all the sponds?

ducati
08-Nov-10, 23:21
I wonder if this is the start of many such collapses as our public spending cuts start to bite?

But Rok's financial director got hoofed for 'irregularities' recently. Has he snaffled all the sponds?

They've been in trouble for a while, despite winning significant contracts locally. If you check out Newsbot business doobry, HIE seem a bit cross.