PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Printer

Truewoman
07-Nov-10, 00:57
Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this post but here goes, I'm looking for a reasonably priced wireless printer (vista compatible) that prints & scans. Can anyone give me some recommendations as I've been having a look but not a clue what to go for.

Thanks in Advance.

dx100uk
07-Nov-10, 03:07
most wireless printers connect direct to your existing wireless access point [homehub or WHY]
and make printing available through that portal.

epson, hp, lexmark all do them.

not sure where you are but tescos and argos stock various models

dx

EDDIE
07-Nov-10, 09:43
There was a wireless printer on the tv not that long ago pc world seels them its a kodiak all in one wireless printer it was about £100 its selling point was the the ink cartidges are £10 each
For me before you buy any printer you should find out the cost of ink cartidge because that can be very expensive
And if its a kodak printer i would imagine it would be good at printing photos giving the brand name
But the printers dont connect printer to pc its printer via router then to the pc you have to have your router on before you can use your printer But having said that it is fine not to have the printer close to the pc you can store the printer somewere else in your home out of the road and you dont have to mess about with wires

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/kodak-esp-5250-multifunction-inkjet-printer-03323588-pdt.html

Thers is no point buying a printer for £50 if the ink cartidges are going to about £40? or you have 6 colour cartidges at £7 each?

Bobinovich
07-Nov-10, 11:39
Sorry to the OP for taking this off topic, but I'm very sceptical about Kodak's current advertising regarding their cartridges.

They are predicting about £75/year savings but their software automatically reduces the print quality to try and achieve this. If you manually change these settings to improve the quality, the ink usage increases thereby reducing the potential savings.

Also just by saying the cartridges are less than £10 each is no indication how long they will last or how many pages they will print.

Ricco
07-Nov-10, 13:10
When my Dell printer gave up the ghost I got an Epson printer / scanner jobbie. Works very well, easy to set up the wireless bit and gives good quality. There are also a couple of ports to insert camera memory cards so that you can priint direct.

Truewoman
09-Nov-10, 21:55
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.