PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know

ducati
06-Nov-10, 23:32
what the police do with their old cars?

It used to be common for people to own ex-police cars, but the last time I actually knew someone that had one it was a Hillman Avenger :eek:

EDDIE
06-Nov-10, 23:37
There probably leased and sold on at a mart when the lease is finished a lot of lease companys offer the driver first choice if they want to buy the car or van when the lease is up

ducati
07-Nov-10, 10:04
Oh I found sites selling them. No point in posting link, just advertising. They don't seem to be that cheap compared with normal market prices though.:(

A one stop shop for very expensive high performance cars that we already paid for and are being invited to buy again. :lol:

Dog-eared
07-Nov-10, 19:18
And they have holes in the roof.

EDDIE
07-Nov-10, 20:05
I would imagine the high performance police cars will be put back to its original spec before its sold

BillyEspie
07-Nov-10, 20:57
hey Ducati i have sent you a pm about where to get an ex police car from and the place i go sometimes and the prices are very reasonable mate

Corrie 3
07-Nov-10, 21:31
I want the Ford Anglia thats in "Heartbeat"..its a cracking Panda isnt it?

C3...;)

Tugmistress
08-Nov-10, 08:00
We had an old rover ex police car a few years back, we didn't know until a copper pulled up behind us at home (in hull) and came over, he asked us if the car was ours, we said yes and he proceeded to tell us it was his old traffic car lol we thought we must have done something wrong to begin with lol. it certainly was very high performing! but very thirsty on gogo juice too!

flowertot
08-Nov-10, 13:51
Seemingly that's one of the reasons Police cars are very often silver nowadays is that it gives a better resale value than white!

Phill
08-Nov-10, 15:02
I think ducati's just after getting hold of a 'Ner ner' and some flashy lights.