PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Summer Drink

Antediluvian
04-Aug-06, 16:04
May be a bit late for the sun but if anyone fancies trying something new..

After spending many a year perfecting drinks I can say we have produced the perfect Margharita(Not the cheese and tomato kind!!)

Take a big blender(That has an ice crushing facility)
Fill it most of the way with ice. Take a bottle of tequila and fill upto the bottom third of the blender/ice. Take a bottle of Cointreau(Triple Sec if you have any) and fill another third. Top off with lime cordial upto the ice level to taste.

Blitz it till its nice and pureed and serve in wide rimmed glasses. This last part is important to stop your whole drink freezing before you can drink it. Garnish the glass with Lime wedges and salt if desired.

Serve with a nice spicy chilli or fajitas!!

To really kick things up, we have recently developed the absinthe margharita, replace the tequila with absinthe, very nice and very potent. Would not recommend anymore than 5 Tequila Margharitas or 2 Absinthe, these are top strength!!

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 16:09
Sounds wwwonnnnndeerrrrrfullll! :D

I'll have a bucketful!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/marg.jpg

sjwahwah
04-Aug-06, 16:11
now yer talkin! I'm quite partial to a summer raspberry daiquiri myself tho too!

changilass
04-Aug-06, 16:17
Prefer Singapore Slings myself, the only way I can drink Gin (can't stand the stuff normally):D

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 16:29
Prefer Singapore Slings myself, the only way I can drink Gin (can't stand the stuff normally):D

Have you tried Sloe Gin? Yummmm!

Antediluvian
04-Aug-06, 16:34
Have you tried Sloe Gin? Yummmm!

Surprisingly enough a gin and coke is nice...