PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Lolabelle
04-Aug-06, 15:17
Here's another one. Where did you get your ripper little pictures for your avatars? That the highly esteemed orgers are permitted to use.
Only six gazillion posts and eleventy seven weeks to go for me until I can have one. LOL [lol]

Kingetter
04-Aug-06, 15:29
The www is full of them - what are you looking for?

canuck
04-Aug-06, 15:35
Here's another one. Where did you get your ripper little pictures for your avatars? That the highly esteemed orgers are permitted to use.
Only six gazillion posts and eleventy seven weeks to go for me until I can have one. LOL [lol]

You have sufficient posts for your avatar, you just need time!
But be careful which threads you join. I lost 30 posts the other night. It really set me back in my goal to reach 1K status before my birthday.

As to the source of the avatars, the internet is your imagination. Mine was designed by a fellow orger. My old moose was a gift from a Canadian orger. Some use their own photos, see changilass (and golach). Others use their own CD covers, or find things on movie sites. You might upload the art work from the cover of your new book! The techies will drown you in good sites. Have fun with it.

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 16:27
There are various bits of software (some free) that will allow you to edit and manipulate picures for use as Icons and Avatars. I converted this picture of Thurso into an icon. Sadly, there is no way I can paste it in to show you.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/Thursochurch.jpg

Dreadnought
04-Aug-06, 17:44
I have always made my own avatars. If you have an image editing program installed (you usually geta basic one free with any scanner you buy) then it is easy to find a picture and resize it for use as an avatar. :)

obiron
04-Aug-06, 18:19
i just tapped avatars in google went on the first one that came up looked for star wars ones found 4 i liked saved them to my pics and picked one out.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Aug-06, 23:10
Live in a wee imaginary world of my own.Takin' life as it throws to me.Calvin was the man so the avator it was!!!!:lol: :lol:

Lolabelle
05-Aug-06, 13:04
I have been all around the internet and found some to save in my pictures. So I am ready and waiting for the day when I can use it.

Ricco
05-Aug-06, 14:50
You may find you need to resize them first, but you will find out soon enough.