PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room

Lolabelle
04-Aug-06, 14:30
How come the chat room isn't used much? I check everytime I go on line and have only found people there twice.

Rheghead
04-Aug-06, 14:33
I tried my password and it got rejected so i can't get on, i seem to remember getting an email with an auto-generated password but i just deleted it without thinking.[disgust]

squidge
04-Aug-06, 14:37
i htink you have to re register again rheghead - i did and it worked

Lolabelle
04-Aug-06, 14:47
Yeah, just re-register, you get to chooseyour own password now and not try to remember that crazy computer generated one.

golach
04-Aug-06, 15:44
And a wee word of warning, when you do re-register, keep your personal details to a minimum, i.e do not display your full name, or your e-mail address, as anyone who joins chat can check your profile, and can find out all your details.......you have been warned[disgust]

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 16:07
I'm currently integrating the chat room into the forum, once you've logged into the forum you can access the chat with the click of a button.

Should be finished in the next hour :Razz

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 16:12
I'm currently integrating the chat room into the forum, once you've logged into the forum you can access the chat with the click of a button.

That'll be useful, Colin. Have you found any way of adding smilies / icons to the icon pool?

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 16:37
I have but it's a bit more complicated than the old verion, I need to work with flash which is something that I haven't done much of.

I will try and get around to it sometime soon.

canuck
04-Aug-06, 16:40

Colin, you are a treasure, thanks.

And I support Ricco in his quest for individualized avatars in the chat room. I think that he has put my request in to you.

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 16:54
Colin, you are a treasure, thanks.

And I support Ricco in his quest for individualized avatars in the chat room. I think that he has put my request in to you.

Mind you Canuck - I really do like your current Maple leaf picked out in gold. Very tasteful.:cool:

canuck
04-Aug-06, 16:56
Ricco, race you for the leather chair in the chat room!

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 17:03
Slight delay, I have to go out now but I'll finish it when I get back.

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 18:48
Flashchat is now installed as part of the forum, you should be able to find the link in the Nav bar. It should now read

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links FlashChat Log Out

Let me know if there are any issues

Cheers
Colin

Antediluvian
04-Aug-06, 19:15
Flashchat is now installed as part of the forum, you should be able to find the link in the Nav bar. It should now read

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links FlashChat Log Out

Cheers
Colin

Go here now, its quite cool..

DrSzin
04-Aug-06, 19:26

Cheers
ColinIf I try to enter the chat from the nav bar I get the message "You've been banned."

I can still login using the HTML-based login from the drop-down menus as before.

erli
04-Aug-06, 19:29
If I try to enter the chat from the nav bar I get the message "You've been banned."

I can still login using the HTML-based login from the drop-down menus as before.

That just happened to me but when I went throught the orange drop down menu, I got in ok.

golach
04-Aug-06, 19:30
If I try to enter the chat from the nav bar I get the message "You've been banned."

Me too, getting the same message

Antediluvian
04-Aug-06, 19:51
Colin was on and in the rooms but he left as had to go wash babies bottles. Am sure he will be on soon in proper IT style to save everyone!

Antediluvian
04-Aug-06, 21:30
This thing is up and running goodstyle.. everyone should come and check it out!! Click FlashChat next to the LogOut option in the menu bar

krieve
04-Aug-06, 21:39
I registered again the other day and got into the chat no proobs but now it keeps saying incorrect user name and password. :~(

MadPict
04-Aug-06, 21:40
Unable to log in - keep getting invalid Username or Password message - worked fine earlier today prior to it being added to forum menu.....

zappster
04-Aug-06, 21:42
yep Im the same Its is not recognising me at all ..Get it back on the main page ehere we dont have to enter 2 passwords to ghet in.( i have a different login for each which is now gonna be a complete nuisance
The new chat was lookin great though

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 21:44
The old chat has been removed, just click the link on the bar at the top of the page.

FlashChat (http://forum.caithness.org/chat/flashchat.php)

Cheers
Colin

krieve
04-Aug-06, 21:46
The old chat has been removed, just click the link on the bar at the top of the page.

FlashChat (http://forum.caithness.org/chat/flashchat.php)

Cheers
Colin
I clicked flash chat and it keeps saying incorrect username or password.

lassieinfife
04-Aug-06, 21:47
I am having the same problem as MadPict .......... says incorrect user name or password[disgust]

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 21:51
trying to fix it now, let you know when it's sorted

Colin Manson
04-Aug-06, 22:04
Fixed, sorry about that :confused

Now that I know what I'm doing it should stay working :D

zappster
04-Aug-06, 22:15
Nope still not gettin in & now i cant even see the login box where you enter your name ...can you keep the link to chat on the main page as its an awful lot easier going in through that way than having to go through the forum to get there..
Personally I very rarely use the forums likewise for my wife but we use the chat often so this will be a pain having to go through the forum!! keep up the good work though like i said i liked the new format for the chat (but not this crack tonight having to go through the forum!!)

MadPict
04-Aug-06, 23:23
hmm - i think the login to the chat is now tied to forum login - so you click on chat link and it takes you in?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Aug-06, 23:40
It is definitely working.HURRAH!!!!:lol: :lol:

Colin Manson
05-Aug-06, 02:25
hmm - i think the login to the chat is now tied to forum login - so you click on chat link and it takes you in?

Yes, you need to be logged in here in order to get into the chat room.

Sporran
05-Aug-06, 04:23
I was in the new chatroom a few hours ago with quite a few other folk, and we were having lots of fun trying out the various new options. I love the sound effects and the "doorbell" ring when someone enters the room! :cool: Also great that we can choose chatroom avatars, and nice that we can enter directly from the message board, after signing in there.

Lots of kudos, Colin, on a job well done! :D

Elenna
05-Aug-06, 10:55
I've just been in checking it out, and it's great. :) When is it you all get together to chat?

krieve
05-Aug-06, 11:15
I can get into the chat room now.:D

Colin Manson
06-Aug-06, 20:49
I'll added a section to the bottom of the Forum Index page that shows this type of Info

Members currently using Flashchat: 10

The most ever chatters online was 10, 1 Minute Ago at 08:46 PM.
canuck, golach, Ricco, _Ju_, carasmam, Rheghead, sassylass, Cedric, krieve, unicorn

Hope you like it.

Cheers
Colin

canuck
06-Aug-06, 21:22
I'll added a section to the bottom of the Forum Index page that shows this type of Info

Hope you like it.

Cheers
Colin

Yes, we were doing the quiz. And _Ju_ won, but Rheghead is going to lead the questions next week.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Aug-06, 22:45
I think its broke......cannae get in.:eek:

Colin Manson
08-Aug-06, 06:51
It's working for me, anyone else having problems?

Ricco
08-Aug-06, 08:53
It's working for me, anyone else having problems?

Nope - just went in. No problems; Lassieinlife had been in there as well.