PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy stuff for your neddy

munron
05-Nov-10, 22:22
This is a bit of a pointless post, but because I hate agendas and politics in posts I thought I would start my very own :)

I always buy my stuff for my cuddies locally so here is my honest opinion on them all

Geddes - buy my need right now stuff, always friendly and always (if I moan) gives me a price that I can match elsewhere. Has a great supply of impulse buy joules clothes and keeps a lot of supplements in stock. All my wheelbarrows came from there and they also did Premier Equine rugs at 10% less than the online price which if had blooming known before the gang were kitted out would have saved me a blooming fortune. They are fine and friendly to deal with and I would recommend.

CLB - not so great on the horse stuff to be honest, but distracted by all the nice, do not need, house stuff. Although again for headcollars and brushes etc they are reasonable - there rugs are ok but just not makes that I would buy. Again if there is a need it now then there is nowt wrong with them, staff are great and dont mind my child taking every tractor out and trashing the place - oh and now they have dubarry jackets in but I have been banned by OH, there clothes are great.

Hilltop Horses (aka Keep_on_trucking) - If you require a kitchen sink then just phone and ask I am sure she will get it for you :) A small, upcoming business, run by a mum with a young son trying to juggle life etc, so you might have to place your order and give her time to get her house in order - but for other mums (or dads) or in fact other busy people, she delivers to your door and shoots the breeze whilst at it. They are also very cheap and nothing is to much trouble. Yes I am friends with the proprietor but that all started with buying my food there, it is also grand when you want a bing of shavings as my car can carry two bales, whereas I can get a truck load which suits me. My ickle sick Paddy is now a happy boy with his mega cheap Rambo rug as she has now started supplying horseware for people and horses. Bulk buying, delivered they are cheapest and funnily enough I again recommend.

The main thing is that everyone in life has a choice and if you dont like your choice then vote with your feet, but dont be put of by mines or anyones elses guff or agendas :)

AliciaMackinnon
05-Nov-10, 23:18
how can i get a hold of tjis hilltop horses people!! They sound great!! Do they do stuff for the rider too???

thanks

munron
06-Nov-10, 10:56
Hi Alicia

Either google hilltop horses and you will get the website, or there is a page on facebook as well.

You could also PM KEEP_ON_TRUCKING on here.

I know they are going to start stocking fuller filles boots which have won some award and horseware clothing but I am sure there are tons more stuff :)

Leanne
06-Nov-10, 12:52
I agree - Hilltop Horses A*** :)

froal
06-Nov-10, 21:11
I like CLB but the prices can be big not tryed for horse feed yet but might as Geddes is so expensive for horse gear, get most of my chuck & duck & dog feed from pets at home.

Wonn't be using anyone local for gear for my mini's as they donn't do their sizes so it's on-line at Dinky Rugs web site.:)

Not used Hilltop Horses for along time nor Culluna at Reay !:roll:

Recently used Ride-away catalogue for new Hunter wellies & wellie socks prices were very good delivery was good too..! (cheaper than robinsons & derby house)...!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
16-Mar-11, 21:17
Hey guys - just an update on the Hilltop Horses - (shop is Hilltop Horse & Country in Wick) we are having a clothing offer on Thursday night that includes all country clothing and Equestrian wear ...... we might even through you a deal on Horse Clothing (rugs) too :-)

Shop open til 7.30 pm Thursday night - this week we have Buy one full price item of clothing get a second half price ,or even better buy two full priced items and get a 3rd absolutely FREE!!!

Definitly the time to buy if you are needing Hacking Jacket and Breeches for the Show Season coming up :-)

daisychain
17-Mar-11, 23:32
HaHa i'm shopping in Robinsons Superstore on tuesday, prob come home broke!!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-Apr-11, 11:49
Robinsons Superstore is crazy - soooo much stuff to choose from so impossible....

On the other hand if you're not so lucky to get to such a big horsey shop this Easter Today at Hilltop Horse & Country in Wick we have across each line in stock - buy one get one half price - so buy a pair of jods get another half price, same goes for jackets, lotions and potions and everything so long as you buy within a product range :-)

Hope to see some of you today - enjoy your easter break!!

divanp75
22-Apr-11, 21:22
Hi, I am with Munron as use a bit from everywhere.

Hilltop horses is great, normally get a delivery about every two to three weeks. Comes straight to my door and dont have to go anywhere plus prices are competative.

When I go into town and am running low on something will pick it up at Geddes or CLB. I even did a little shop down at seaforth on wednesday this week too.

It is always best to check out everywhere that way you know when you are getting a good deal.

Diane