PDA

View Full Version : Caithness bus users Group meeting

Mr P Cannop
05-Nov-10, 19:42
there is going to be a meeting on the 11th November at 2pm in the Norseman hotel wick anyone going to this ??

scorpion
05-Nov-10, 22:18
Probably just yourself !!!!

teddybear1873
05-Nov-10, 22:35
Probably just yourself !!!!

No need to come across sarcastic scorpion. The loon only asked a question.

tartanyorkie
06-Nov-10, 21:09
there is going to be a meeting on the 11th November at 2pm in the Norseman hotel wick anyone going to this ??

Thank you for the information about this. I would be interested in going.

_Ju_
07-Nov-10, 09:37
Might be a good time to put complaints forward on the service the communities are getting.

Mr P Cannop
07-Nov-10, 10:53
the Norseman hotel is near the riverside car park

Mr P Cannop
09-Nov-10, 20:26
is there anything anyone wants me to bring up at the meeting for those who cant make it to the meeting ?? eg heating, buses and or bus timetables ??

Catharnach74
09-Nov-10, 21:05
Sounds quite interesting having a group discussion on the use of a bus!

Gronnuck
09-Nov-10, 21:22
scorpion & Catharnach74 You might well scoff but there are people who for a variety of reasons don't have the use of a car on their doorstep and depend on busses to get around.
We know that many of the routes around Caithness are subsidised so if you’re a taxpayer you might wonder if your money is being spent wisely.
You might luxuriate in the ownership of your own vehicle, you may even dislike public transport but there really is no need to patronise the many people across the county who choose to use our busses

tartanyorkie
09-Nov-10, 21:57
is there anything anyone wants me to bring up at the meeting for those who cant make it to the meeting ?? eg heating, buses and or bus timetables ??

Could you bring up the fact that more accessible buses without so many high steps would be helpful. Those of us with athritis and other mobility problems find them very difficult to use.

Mr P Cannop
10-Nov-10, 13:19
Could you bring up the fact that more accessible buses without so many high steps would be helpful. Those of us with athritis and other mobility problems find them very difficult to use.

for what parts in caithness will this be for ??

sids
10-Nov-10, 13:41
for what parts in caithness will this be for ??

Knees and hips, in my own case.

Mr P Cannop
10-Nov-10, 14:17
i mean what areas in caithness ??

tartanyorkie
10-Nov-10, 14:28
Knees and hips, in my own case.

Lol. Same as me.

Seriously, buses in the Reay area are bad for older people. Now I am in the town I have not sussed the buses out properly yet, but the one I got down from Mount Pleasant the other day was still one of the old high blue ones.

Kodiak
10-Nov-10, 14:30
I would go but I cant get on the Bus due to the steps being too high !!

tartanyorkie
11-Nov-10, 08:43
I would go but I cant get on the Bus due to the steps being too high !!

This is the reason I and others I know do not use buses. We have to pay for taxis to get around. Free bus passes are a waste of time, If the buses were easy to use I would gladly pay full fare.