PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Washing Machine repair

Chrisf1961
05-Nov-10, 15:31
Our washing machine has conked out, the drum, although free and turning if you push it round, when you set the machine off, it doesn't turn or go through the spin cycle so wondering if it could be fixed before we go to the expense of a new machine.

Any recommendations and info on call out charge would be appreciated. (We're in Wick by the way)

S&LHEN
05-Nov-10, 16:02
I would highly recommend Dane Sutherland thats down next to the flower shop in Wick near geddes If that helps his telephone number is 604714

Scunner
05-Nov-10, 16:10
have you looked to see if the filter is full of fluff etc

teddybear1873
05-Nov-10, 16:15
have you looked to see if the filter is full of fluff etc

It's a washing machine, not a tumble dryer.

Chrisf1961
05-Nov-10, 16:25
Thanks for that, I've emptied what I guess is the fluff filter, though no fluff was in it, it just had smelly water inside yuk and there was also a little tube thing which I took the top off and it also had smelly water inside so emptied that, still nothing. I'll give repair a try

annemarie482
05-Nov-10, 17:42
I would highly recommend Dane Sutherland thats down next to the flower shop in Wick near geddes If that helps his telephone number is 604714

i'll second this, he's excellent!

oldchemist
05-Nov-10, 17:42
Could be the drive belt that has broken or come off. If you can get the top or back off the machine you should be able to see it.

_Ju_
05-Nov-10, 17:44
could the driving belt have slipped out of place? That would be easily fixed by you. If not it's probably the motor.

YummyMummy
05-Nov-10, 18:01
Our washing machine has conked out, the drum, although free and turning if you push it round, when you set the machine off, it doesn't turn or go through the spin cycle so wondering if it could be fixed before we go to the expense of a new machine.

Any recommendations and info on call out charge would be appreciated. (We're in Wick by the way)

Same thing happened to mine. Needed new brushes. Think it cost £85 to repair. Not sure about call out charge, as the guy repaired it there and then. Called in morning, repaired out at John O'Groats in the afternoon!

Caithness Appliances - 01847 891800

pottheed
05-Nov-10, 20:41
tom at caithness appliances is the best, number as above

upolian
05-Nov-10, 21:39
i'll second this, he's excellent!

i will 3rd him,top guy!

squidge
06-Nov-10, 09:09
Same thing happened to me. I went on gumtree and bought a 2 nd hand one for £25. It's still going and washes a treat.