PDA

View Full Version : Missing Jack Russell

KWK9 Rescue
05-Nov-10, 14:29
There is a female Jack Russell missing the area of the Camster Cairns. She's a small JR, mostly white with brown markings - answers to Holly. She is timid and not from this area. Her extendable lead was still attached when she went missing, so she may be caught up or stuck somewhere.

If anyone has seen her please phone Sarah on 07990686930 or the Council Tec Services/ Dog Warden on 01955 607737.

miller30
05-Nov-10, 15:04
i hope she is found soon, my dog went missing recently and there is nothing worse.

hope she comes back safe and sound.

teenybash
05-Nov-10, 18:11
Hopefully Holly will be found and returned safely home.

KWK9 Rescue
05-Nov-10, 18:23
Hope so too Teenybash

Liz
05-Nov-10, 19:39
Oh hope with all my heart that Holly is found safe and well soon.:(

KWK9 Rescue
05-Nov-10, 19:50
I'm hoping to go back out tomorrow afternoon to look for Holly. The sheep in the area today were just going about their business so I dont think she is running about or they would have been distressed. Her lead still being attached is giving concern she may be caught up on something, If anyone is available to help I'll be in the Camster Cairn area from about 2pm onwards.

Tilly Teckel
06-Nov-10, 01:33
We live in that area but don't get home til it's almost dark now, but my partner will go out later with a spotlight and have a look around. Holly is on the dog lost website too - this is her poster which could be printed out and posted up http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=25980

Leanne
06-Nov-10, 12:13
I'd get out there looking for her - with a flexi lead on she has probably got caught and tangled and will not be able to recall to you :(

Liz
06-Nov-10, 12:18
There are people out looking for her Leanne.

I am going to join Carasmam later to look for Holly. Really, really hope we find her as the weather is so awful and the forecast isn't good.:(

Leanne
06-Nov-10, 12:26
There are people out looking for her Leanne.

I am going to join Carasmam later to look for Holly. Really, really hope we find her as the weather is so awful and the forecast isn't good.:(

Aww that's good :) I really hope she's found - poor little mite :(

carasmam
06-Nov-10, 17:09
Unfortunately Holly's body was found at the edge of the loch near Camster Cairns this afternoon. :cry:
Thanks to Liz, Margaret, Benjy and the local farmer who came and helped look for her.
At least her owner can take some comfort that she was found.

unicorn
06-Nov-10, 17:14
oh what a terrible, terrible shame. I am so sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to her owners. :~(

dousslesh
06-Nov-10, 17:32
Really sad news. Thanks for update - went straight to The Cairns after work today to help search but no one there -so guessed that Holly had been found - sorry it was in such sad circumstances.

Tilly Teckel
06-Nov-10, 17:34
Just home from work and checking on here before heading out to put up posters and look for Holly - totally shocked to hear of her sad fate. As carasmam said, at least her owners know whats happened now but still a very sad outcome.

Torvaig
06-Nov-10, 17:41
A heartbreaking outcome but well done to you all for at least being able to give the owner an answer. :(

teenybash
06-Nov-10, 18:48
Oh what a sad,sad outcome....owners will be heartbroken. RIP wee Holly.

Sable
06-Nov-10, 19:08
This is Sable from Doglost.co.uk here.I am co-ordinator for Scotland.
Holly was listed on our site as missing, and I spoke to Holly's owner's daughter yesterday to advise and offer help.
I just logged on to the site a few minutes ago to see this dreadful news. I feel absolutely sick. I have been thinking of the wee one all day, worrying that she had become trapped by her lead somewhere and would die of exposure. My sympathies go to Holly's family who will be devastated. thank you to everyone who helped to search for poor llitle Holly.
If anyone ever needs any help at any time form Doglost, please get in touch with me at sable77doglost@gmail.com.
God bless you, and keep you forever Holly. xx Happy days at Rainbow Bridge.

Liz
06-Nov-10, 19:20
Very sad that we never got a happy ending but 'glad' that she was found and wouldn't have suffered.

Run free darling Holly.xx

hell raizer
06-Nov-10, 19:27
so sorry to hear about Holly, RIP little one

carasmam
06-Nov-10, 19:51
Run free Holly, you were a bonnie wee doggy. Absolutely gutted we never got a better outcome for you RIP xx

Moira
06-Nov-10, 20:03
I'm so sorry about the sad outcome for Holly. :~(

balto
06-Nov-10, 22:32
what a sad end to this story, i started at the top and kept going down to see if she found, and the ending just wasnt what i hoped it would be, my heart sank, so sorry for hollys owners, such a sad story, run free little girl xxx

Foxy
07-Nov-10, 00:13
So sorry to hear about Holly. :~(

Dadie
07-Nov-10, 00:16
Sad outcome, but at least there was an outcome...the not knowing is worse than knowing what happened, even if its the worst outcome.

carasmam
07-Nov-10, 22:26
Holly's family have asked me to pass on their heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped look for her. Her owner has taken great comfort from knowing people in our community cared enough to go searching for a strangers dog x

Sarah
07-Nov-10, 23:22
Very sad that little Holly never got home, although at least her owners know what happened. Sleep tight Holly.