PDA

View Full Version : Queen - Live At Wembley 1986

teddybear1873
05-Nov-10, 14:24
Watched this on the box last night. Have to say if there was a man who could get a crowd going, Freddie was the one.

Was this the best live performance by an artist?

Metalattakk
05-Nov-10, 14:39
Watched this on the box last night. Have to say if there was a man who could get a crowd going, Freddie was the one.

Nah, people just hold it in high regard because it was one of the first ever 'live' stadium gigs shown on TV.

It was good, yes, but 'best live performance' is entirely subject to personal preference.

teddybear1873
05-Nov-10, 14:51
Nah, people just hold it in high regard because it was one of the first ever 'live' stadium gigs shown on TV.

It was good, yes, but 'best live performance' is entirely subject to personal preference.

You must have some form of input, on what's the best live performance Metalattakk?

Metalattakk
05-Nov-10, 15:31
You must have some form of input, on what's the best live performance Metalattakk?

OK, but my previous point will become ever more clear:

Tyketto, when they played Glasgow's Garage in 1994. Freddy couldn't do what Danny Vaughn did that night.

As I said, all subject to personal preference. ;)

Bazeye
05-Nov-10, 15:38
And Jon Byrne's on at Kavannaghs tonight.

Bazeye
05-Nov-10, 15:41
The Clash on their Out of Control tour in 1978 at Manchester Apollo were absolutely splendid.

kjandcrew
05-Nov-10, 15:57
I was at that concert it was utterly superb ;)

teddybear1873
05-Nov-10, 16:13
OK, but my previous point will become ever more clear:

Tyketto, when they played Glasgow's Garage in 1994. Freddy couldn't do what Danny Vaughn did that night.

As I said, all subject to personal preference. ;)

I have to admit, I haven't even heard of him or the group, so I coulnd't put any input on that.

annemarie482
05-Nov-10, 17:39

totally agree!!
Queen are my absolute favourite band...
its no secret!! the whole of keiss knows this lol
i have a large picture of him taken at that concert on my kitchen wall.
freddie mercury was my childhood hero and to be honest still is :D
slowly collecting all their albums on cd. not many left to get ;)
im just sick i was too young to ever see them live :cry:

George Brims
05-Nov-10, 17:39
Well I've seen the Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd - but the best had to be Tina Turner.