PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic community

Tatbabe
03-Nov-10, 21:07
Are there any Gaelic speaking people in the Thurso area who meet regularly?

Am just starting to learn and find it vital to speak the language regularly in order to remember / practice as well as broaden the vocabulary.

Pls pm me if you have relevant info. Thanks.

pugoff
16-Nov-10, 13:18
i used to speak fluant gaidhlig, from nursery untill i left high school. i do remember a bit but if thrown into a situation where i have to use it, it does come back to me. i could be interested in this also, would be good to brush up on it.

so, thats 2 so far, and i see both from halkirk :) any1 else?

changilass
16-Nov-10, 13:22
Another one here in Castletown.

debbie g
18-Nov-10, 15:37
I'm a beginner but I'd be interested. I'm near Halkirk.

Beat Bug
18-Nov-10, 16:07
I'd love to learn the language. I used to be fluent in Gaelic (Irish) until I left school too many years ago to remember! I can recognise many words which are either the same or similar, so hopefully I shouldn't find it too difficult. I'm in Latheron

Tatbabe
01-Dec-10, 18:41
I know of a tutor in Castletown ... could ask her how much she would charge if there were 3-4 people in a class.

Could you all do daytime?
Wouldn't want to do evenings due to the weather.

thanks.

S&LHEN
01-Dec-10, 18:48
I to am a fluent gaelic speaker if anyone needs some help xx

Beat Bug
01-Dec-10, 23:06
I know of a tutor in Castletown ... could ask her how much she would charge if there were 3-4 people in a class.

Could you all do daytime?
Wouldn't want to do evenings due to the weather.

thanks.

Would be very interested, once the worst of the winter weather is over. Day time is fine for me

emilyrose
13-Dec-10, 12:17
I'm originally from Skye, so I have a bit of Gaelic. Into Gaelic singing actually, not done it in a while though.

changilass
13-Dec-10, 12:25
I could do daytime, especially if it was in Castletown :D

Tatbabe
31-Dec-10, 10:23
Hi there Folks,

Cli Gaidhlig are running a day-course on Saturday January 15th 2011 ... 10am - 3pm... in the Pentland Hotel, Thurso. Closing date for registration is Monday January 10th. For further information please ask for Seonag on 01463 226710

or

seonag@cli.org.uk (seonag@cli.org.uk)

Please forward this info to anyone you think may be interested in taking part.

Mile taing/many thanks

Beat Bug
25-Jun-11, 17:34
Just attended the taster session in Caithness Horizons this afternoon. I found it very informative, and hope that they can get enough people to make a class for full lessons. If anyone else is interested, they hope to have another taster session later in the year.