PDA

View Full Version : Hoodia

sassylass
03-Aug-06, 17:45
Does anyone have any experience with the appetite suppressant Hoodia? There's lots of conflicting information on the internet, and I'd appreciate input from people who have used it. Is it safe? Does it work? Thanks!

Kingetter
03-Aug-06, 18:55
Does anyone have any experience with the appetite suppressant Hoodia? There's lots of conflicting information on the internet, and I'd appreciate input from people who have used it. Is it safe? Does it work? Thanks!
All I know is it regularly fills my junk email box (spam).

squidge
04-Aug-06, 09:32
Only ever once took an appetite suppressant and it made me feel lightheaded dizzy and not myself - a bit spaced - didnt like it so stopped.

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 09:40
Best appetite suppressant is a good walk or cycle. You are focussed on the job in hand and... burning off calories as well. Two for the price of one. Excellent! :D

Lolabelle
04-Aug-06, 09:42
I have used several different appetite suppressents over the years. And none of them have been any good. They made me depressed and I couldn't sleep. And when I stopped using them my metabolism was all out of whack. I have decided to just eat sensibly and exercise. I refuse to ever diet again. Everytime I do try another diet I end up worse off after I go off it.

Kingetter
04-Aug-06, 09:43
Cup of coffee and a fag does it for me - less hard work and no calories

golach
04-Aug-06, 09:52
Sassy???? why would you need appetite suppressants, you had a great figure when we last met;)

Ricco
04-Aug-06, 09:54
Sassy - leave the pills alone. Tablets never helped anyone - sorting out the root cause is the only solution. Trust your friends. :D

sjwahwah
04-Aug-06, 14:29
as far as I'm aware hoodia is a cactus... foreign here... you could go out and collect some bladderwrack seaweed.. wash it.. then dry it, crumble it up and add it to the normal healthy foods you're eating... it is perfectly edible, super nutritious and speeds up the metabolism. that mixed with exercise and healthy eating and you'll see results.

Murchiemannie
04-Aug-06, 15:44
I know it's hard but try a hobby that will keep you so engrossed you will forget all about food. Not to mention exercise-----try walking, even if it's only a couple of miles a day it is sooooo much safer than pills.

sassylass
04-Aug-06, 16:28
I'm asking for my dad. He's elderly and not able to walk much, and is looking for a way to lose a few pounds. I agree that increasing exercise and decreasing calories is the best method, but for it's harder for some people than for others.

Whether or not Hoodia's a placebo, it is working for him. He has lost 8 pounds in the last month, so I'm most interested in knowing if it's safe. Thanks everyone.