PDA

View Full Version : Groan - it's PUNTIME

Kingetter
03-Aug-06, 09:51
These are the 10 first place winners in the International Pun Contest:

1. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The
stewardess looks at him and says, "I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger".

2. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and
says, "Dam!"

3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the
craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your
kayak and heat it too.

4. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, " I've lost my electron". The
other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "I'm positive".

5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during root canal
work? His goal: transcend dental medication.

6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in
the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an
hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse.
"Why?", they asked, as they moved off. "Because", he said, "I can't stand
chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer".

7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a
family in Egypt and is named 'Ahmal'. The other goes to a family in Spain
and gets named 'Juan'. Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his
birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she
wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're
twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal".

8. These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a
small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers
from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition
was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down but they would not.
He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the
rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug
in town to 'persuade' them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed
their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified
they did so, thereby proving that only Hugh can prevent florist friars.

9. The Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very
little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from
bad breath. This made him (Oh man, this is so bad, it's good)....a super
calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10. Finally, there was a person who sent 10 different puns to friends, with
the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in
ten did.

Lolabelle
03-Aug-06, 12:28
Made me laugh!! [lol]

Ricco
03-Aug-06, 14:05
Very good; laughed 'til I cried. :p

Murchiemannie
03-Aug-06, 16:15
You know what they say "the old ones are the best"
Made me chuckle so that's OK
Well done--Got any more?

squidge
03-Aug-06, 16:19
I liked those

made me laugh for sure

Kingetter
03-Aug-06, 20:36
Twin Skunks

A mother skunk gave birth to twins, whom she named In and Out.
One day In was out, so she aked Out,"Out go out and find In, In's out and I want him in, I've been looking for In outside for ages, I can't find In, he is out so go out find In and bring him in."
"What?" said Out.
"In's out, so Out go out find In and bring him In, I've been looking for ages and can't find In, I want In in, Out go out and bring In in, if you can find him."
So Out goes out to look for his brother In, and within seconds of leaving, he comes back with In in tow, and his mother asks "Out, how did you find In so quickly?"

(here it comes....)

"In stinkt."

Fortune Telling Nanny

The story of Mary Poppins as a nanny is well known. Less well-known is her subsequent tale....
She traveled to Hollywood, where she opened a shop on Sunset Boulevard as a fortune-teller. Of course we already know she has supernatural powers, so it's no surprise that she was quite skilled in fortune-telling, and her reputation grew rapidly.
She continued to tell fortunes, and found that in particular, she always received a very strong premonition whenever someone was about to have an onset of bad breath. Her predictions of this turned out to be accurate 100% of the time. In order to publicise her success at this, she had a large sign placed above her door, which read: Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis.

Raining Cats And Dogs

A couple went to a pet shop and ended up buying a lion (as you do). The shop owner had told them that unfortunately the lion had an odd allergy to wet weather and that raindrops would actually hurt it.
One day the lion was outside when the couple heard cries form the garden. "What's that noise?" asked the man. "It's the lion", his wife replied, "it's roaring with pain."

Wish
03-Aug-06, 21:37
:grin:Keep em coming :cool:

Kingetter
03-Aug-06, 21:44
Replacing Quasimodo

After Quasimodo's death, the bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed. The bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into the belfry to begin the screening process. After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he had decided to call it a day.
Just then, an armless man approached him and announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer's job. The bishop was incredulous."You have no arms!" "No matter," said the man. "Observe!" And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody on the carillon. The bishop listened in astonishment; convinced he had finally found a replacement for Quasimodo.
But suddenly, rushing forward to strike a bell, the armless man tripped and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street below. The stunned bishop rushed to his side. When he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they had heard only moments before.
As they silently parted to let the bishop through, one of them asked, "Bishop, who was this man?"
"I don't know his name," the bishop sadly replied "but his face rings a bell."

WAIT! WAIT! There's more …

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the bishop continued his interviews for the bell ringer of Notre Dame.
The first man to approach him said, "Your excellency, I am the brother of the poor armless wretch that fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday. I pray that you honor his life by allowing me to replace him in this duty."
The bishop agreed to give the man an audition, and, as the armless man's brother stooped to pick up a mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest, twirled around, and died on the spot. Two monks, hearing the bishop's cries of grief at this second tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side. "What has happened? Who is this man?" the first monk asked breathlessly.
"I don't know his name," sighed the distraught bishop, "but…

(Wait for it …)

… He's a dead ringer for his brother."

j4bberw0ck
03-Aug-06, 21:59
..........and then, of course, is the time when the bishop woke to find that someone had stolen the bells of Notre Dame.

Investigation showed than no-one knew who'd done it, though Quasimodo had a hunch.................

Kingetter
03-Aug-06, 22:02
"Location: Orkney" - That why there's a Kirk wall between us?

crystal
04-Aug-06, 00:17
teehee these r all good keep it up:lol:

Kingetter
04-Aug-06, 00:27
Love em myself - must mean something awful about me I suppose eh?