PDA

View Full Version : Novel Question

Lolabelle
03-Aug-06, 03:46
Hi All, How far is it from Wick to Thurso? Miles and time ? I need to know! I have ordered a road map of Scotland, but so far it has not arrived and it is hard to work out some of the story line without this important piece of info.
And, If I were to travel to Scotland from Australia, where would I land, in England (Heathrow) or some where in Scotland. I think I had better talk to a travel agency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canuck
03-Aug-06, 05:05
Hi All, How far is it from Wick to Thurso? Miles and time ? I need to know! I have ordered a road map of Scotland, but so far it has not arrived and it is hard to work out some of the story line without this important piece of info.
And, If I were to travel to Scotland from Australia, where would I land, in England (Heathrow) or some where in Scotland. I think I had better talk to a travel agency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I fly in to Glasgow, but in the summer there are charters into Edinburgh as well. Or you can go to Newcastle or Manchester.

The distance is about 25 miles.

Murchiemannie
03-Aug-06, 16:21
I'd say about 21 miles and about half an hour by car.
By local bus probably 1 hour depending on how often it stops.
Airports to land depend on the type of journey you have booked.
Could land in Schippol Amsterdam then over to Dyce Aberdeen and North from there. The choices are plentiful--The sky's your limit!!!

meandhim
03-Aug-06, 18:40
Hi there,
Try going to www.theaa.co.uk (or .com), cant remember, and going to 'route planner', it will give you times, miles etc etc. Quite handy!!

Also, for flights, best to fly into Scotland, as London Heathrow etc, is at the bottom of Englandshire and you've a fair hike before even getting to Scotland.

Wick to Thurso 21 miles (approx 35/40 mins by car)

Inverness to Wick/Thurso 114/121 miles approx - just over 2 hours by car to each.

Hope that helps!!

Fran
03-Aug-06, 18:49
Inverness is 102 miles to Wick.
If you land at newcastle you can fly from there to wick with Eastern Airways.