PDA

View Full Version : Highlanders Called Up

wavy davy
02-Aug-06, 22:46
I see that many of the TA lads in Caithness have just been called up for Iraq.

Brings the results of Blair's lunacy that much closer to home.............

Nevertheless, I'm sure that the lads will uphold the fine traditions of their forebears. Not that I'm religious but I will pray that they all come home safe.

pultneytooner
02-Aug-06, 22:55

Nevertheless, I'm sure that the lads will uphold the fine traditions of their forebears. Not that I'm religious but I will pray that they all come home safe. The way things are going don't be too surprised if they re-introduce the draft.

Ann
02-Aug-06, 23:03

Nevertheless, I'm sure that the lads will uphold the fine traditions of their forebears. Not that I'm religious but I will pray that they all come home safe.

We'll be thinking of you; keep safe each and every one of you.

Kaishowing
02-Aug-06, 23:09
Keep your heads down, and watch each other's backs.....and come back as many as went out!

Lolabelle
03-Aug-06, 08:10
I'm not religious, but I am christian. And I will definately be praying for them. I can't imagine having to go, but I have talked to a few friends who have been in the army and went to do a tour of duty and they all have said that they wanted to go. It was what they had spent years training for and would have been disapointed to have missed out. I personally can't understand wanting to go, but that is what they said.:confused

unicorn
03-Aug-06, 08:35
stay safe all !!!

bagpuss
03-Aug-06, 21:46
Think of that poor chef whose folk lived in Wick a few years back. he was a chef in the TA and they sent him to Kosovo at the height of the conflict- and the troops loved his cooking so much they wouldn't send him home. His poor elderly parents were at their wits end.

If the TA are called out- will their officers go with them? Surely Alan Ferrier is a bit too long in the tooth for being in a war zone?

Agree that Blair's obsequous attitude to George W Bush has reached new lows. The current conflict has been bubbling under since the late 70's when the USA put Saddam hussein into power as a buffer zone between Iran and Israel- or have they forgotten that one?