PDA

View Full Version : Clocks go back

Blarney
31-Oct-10, 04:43
Isn't it ironic that on the only night of the year when you can get an extra hour in your bed, you just can't sleep :~(

ShelleyCowie
31-Oct-10, 07:00
Isn't it ironic that on the only night of the year when you can get an extra hour in your bed, you just can't sleep :~(

Yep! :( Typical that this was the weekend my mum decided we would go to Asda and are leaving at 7am. That would be fine.....but the wee one had me up at 4.45am for a feed :eek: gonna be a looooooooooooooong day!

Vistravi
31-Oct-10, 08:38
That explains the time difference! However means that instead of 7 am my son woke at it was 6 groan. Long day ahead!

upolian
31-Oct-10, 09:51
I could not sleep either :(

Kodiak
31-Oct-10, 15:59

I was the same but it was good in its own way as I was able to put all our clocks & Watches back at exactly 2am :Razz

orkneycadian
31-Oct-10, 16:36
Another confusion that arises from meddling with the clocks! At what time do you stop using "yestredays" time and start using "todays" time when changing the clocks?

For example, the local nightclub has a 2 am licence. According to the time the clocks should change, on the stroke of 2 am, instead of closing the bar, they should turn the clocks back to 1 am and keep serving for another hour.

For the clubbers to get home, the bus leaves the bus station in Kirkwall at 0201 am on a Sunday morning. Again, according to the way the time change works, that bus should have left at 0201 GMT and not 0201 BST. But it didn't, it left at 0101 GMT. So, BST had officially ended, but public transport was still running as if BST still applied!

So, at what time does BST really end? 0200? 0300? 0700?

Confused? :confused

donnick
31-Oct-10, 17:00
we i tottally forgot remembeerd at 1 ish in the afternoon :lol:

Phill
01-Nov-10, 00:17
Why shouldIi take them back?

Mine seem to be perfectly fine..................wait a min...hang on....there all an hour wrong....