PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Melody

teenybash
29-Oct-10, 15:36
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/1gull/melody019.jpg

Please welcome a new addition to Pets Corner and my lovely surprize who I have named Melody.
Moptop had a 'thought' and that thought arrived home yesterday afternoon and what a lovely girl she is.
She needs a bit of work with housetraining and getting used to the cats, but with time she will learn.
I think my lovely Shooly who passed away must have went to work fast in finding a needy soul and popped that special thought into Moptops head.....I am very glad and look forward to having this lovely lurcher girl being around for a very long time....forever!!:)

bullielove
29-Oct-10, 17:12
aww what a gorgeous tale and melody looks like a lovely girl.. Shooly went to work very fast finding you a needy soul who will help to ease the pain of losing Shooly.

I wish you many many happy years together

unicorn
29-Oct-10, 18:19
Aww teeny she is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful face, she reminds me of my old whippet Lucy and I could not have asked for a more faithful girl, I hope you have as many happy years with her as I had with Lucy, Is it just the angle she is laying at as she looks a bit pregnant?

Liz
29-Oct-10, 18:20
Aaaawww bless her. Melody is gorgeous and was definitely sent to you by Shooly and I wish you many wonderful years together.

She couldn't have got a better home.xxx

munron
29-Oct-10, 18:21
Aww teenybash she is beautiful, and what a special heart that can be opened to the needy when not long ago broken :) Your shooly was a very special one to know just who to send :)

teenybash
29-Oct-10, 18:25
Thanks bullielove and Unicorn......she seems a very sweet girl and even managing to behave with the cats.
I think she is a Saluki x Whippet and has signs of having pupped, though milk dried now....Priority is the usual, worming and spaying...better start saving......hopefully no puppies inside that tum, but she had well and truly stuffed herself full to the brim.;)

bustergirl
30-Oct-10, 09:08
melody is gorgous teenybash xxxxx shooly must have got to work and helped you ease the pain by finding melody for u xxxxx hope you have many many happy years together xxxx

evelyn
30-Oct-10, 09:52
She is beautiful.....I'm wondering if she is a half sister to Teddy and Banjo. I know their mother had another litter and they were more to the saluki/lurcher side with a much daintier build. Mop Top might know.
Evelyn

mop top
30-Oct-10, 13:53
Teenybash thank you for giving Melody such a lovely forever home.

Shes a lovely gentle soul who deserves all the home comforts that all lurchers love! Sure her appetite will settle once she knows that food is available on a regular basis, and hopefully your cats will be safe too once she knows she now has a private caterer and does not have to catch her own dinners lol.

Let me know when suitable for you to meet up next week. She is our 13th dog to be rehomed in October so number 13 has certainly been lucky for her, its been a busy month .

Looks as if we have 2 lovely collies for rehoming at start of Nov as no one has come forward to claim them:~( Look out for them on our KWK9 site dogs for rehoming and if anyone can offer a home to either of these lovely girls get in touch.

Sarah
30-Oct-10, 19:04
She is so very beautiful! Soulful eyes :)

teenybash
30-Oct-10, 19:17
Today had no 'accidents' from Melody, but boy did she go to town last night!!! Paper towel all used and an exhausted mop and bucket....
Banjo, I think is feeling a bit insecure and not his usual boisterous self, but they have had little mini games...lots of head twitching with bums in the air.......and she is very, very sweet even if she is rubbish at walking on the leash.:D

Liz
30-Oct-10, 19:28
Glad the mop and bucket can get a rest today!:lol:
Bless you for your wonderful patience.

Hope Banjo will be back to his usual self soon but good sign that they are having wee games already.

Suzy has only just come round to Molly and they now have some fun chasing each other which is lovely to see.

You have such a wonderful, kind heart to give all these waifs and strays such a lovely home where they can live out the rest of their days knowing what true love is. xxxx

unicorn
30-Oct-10, 20:19
I am sure she will learn really fast if there is one thing with whippets, it is that they want to please and do there best for their human. It sounds like it will be a bit of work, but she will work with you I am sure of it, and with your patient demeanour she will blossom.