PDA

View Full Version : Burger King - Inverness

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 19:27
Anyone know what time it closes??

Chrisf1961
28-Oct-10, 19:33
Hi Scary sorry not sure but i had a BK on the way back up north on the M6 near Carlisle the other week and it was disgusting...my god i nearly threw up ...i really should have taken it back it was one of them Chicken burger things they do and it was a really horrid wet day that i really couldnt be bothered getting back out of the car ....anyone else think BK is bad ?

bish667
28-Oct-10, 19:35
I think Burger King is awesome, mmmm

Also sorry I have no idea what time it closes at.

emb123
28-Oct-10, 19:37
the one in the industrial park is open til 3am

(Eastfield Way, Inverness Business & Retail Park Inverness Business & Retail Pa, Inverness, IV2 7GD)

can't see any opening hours online for the one at 2 - 6 Inglis St, IV1. Tel 01463 712223 () ‎

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 19:38
Hi Scary sorry not sure but i had a BK on the way back up north on the M6 near Carlisle the other week and it was disgusting...my god i nearly threw up ...i really should have taken it back it was one of them Chicken burger things they do and it was a really horrid wet day that i really couldnt be bothered getting back out of the car ....anyone else think BK is bad ?

Yeh the ones from the services are usually not so good and terribly overpriced!!!! But I do like the Inverness one!

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 19:40
the one in the industrial park is open til 3am

(Eastfield Way, Inverness Business & Retail Park Inverness Business & Retail Pa, Inverness, IV2 7GD)

can't see any opening hours online for the one at 2 - 6 Inglis St, IV1. Tel 01463 712223 () ‎

Oooh I hope so if thats the case I can get one!!! Thanks!!:lol:

Chrisf1961
28-Oct-10, 19:47
I must admit i do like a good burger but what sory of quality are they like from BK?
I know a few years ago they where decent sized but i hopr to god they are not like the awfull things that Mds serve up ?

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 19:52
oooh you canna beat a whopper!!!!

Chrisf1961
28-Oct-10, 19:53
i shall not comment!

EDDIE
28-Oct-10, 19:56
i always think burger king is shabby place compared to macdonads macdonalds premises are always clean and modern looking

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 19:58
i always think burger king is shabby place compared to macdonads macdonalds premises are always clean and modern looking

Have u been in McDonalds recently - it's never clean and the burgers look and taste like rubber!.......Ha ha they remind me of space food! lol

Fluff
28-Oct-10, 20:03
before I moved to Reading, I really liked BK, but it was a treat. Now I can have it whenever I like, and I cannot stand it (or McDonalds)
I have not had one in over a year, gives me terrible gut ache if I do eat it!

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 21:50
Got my whopper, it was still open at 9.40 so that's good news for future trips, not such good news for my waistline!!!:lol:

Bobinovich
28-Oct-10, 22:22
Even my kids, who always used to look forward to a BK when we went to Sneckie, have gone off it completely. We now tend to eat a decent meal at Harry Ramsdens instead - much nicer IMO.

theone
28-Oct-10, 22:45
Burger King isn't fine dining but form me its still the best fast food burger.

Macdonalds isn't even comparable. A big mac next to a whopper looks pathetic.

That said, it depends on the individual Burger King. Some are consistently good and others consistently bad. Aberdeen union street and any motorway services normally poor I think.

The best one I thought was Inverness centre, the one that shut down a few years ago.

Would kill for one right now.....

theone
28-Oct-10, 22:47
Even my kids, who always used to look forward to a BK when we went to Sneckie, have gone off it completely. We now tend to eat a decent meal at Harry Ramsdens instead - much nicer IMO.

I've only had 1 HR meal, and though it was okay I didn't think it was amazing.

Why don't they batter the smoked sausage? Is that a caithness thing?

Never tried the fish to be fair, which is apparently their speciality.

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 23:09

Yeh but I wasna in Inverness - my OH is on his way home and picking me one up!
I dont think a Harry Ramsdens would be so great cold!!![lol]
Each to their own but if my OH doesna bring home a BK then the little one won't be happy she never got her toy!;)

Bobinovich
29-Oct-10, 00:28
The best one I thought was Inverness centre, the one that shut down a few years ago.

Agreed - it WAS good!

Why don't they batter the smoked sausage?

Never tried the fish to be fair, which is apparently their speciality.

I'm sure they would batter it if you asked - my kids prefer their sausages unbattered which they are happy to do.

Their fish is really nice IMO :D

Yeh but I wasna in Inverness - my OH is on his way home and picking me one up!
I dont think a Harry Ramsdens would be so great cold!!![lol]
Each to their own but if my OH doesna bring home a BK then the little one won't be happy she never got her toy!;)

Cold fish supper - yuk indeed!

My kids were the same re the toy, now not even that is enough to tempt them 'cos they know they still have to eat the food!

oldmarine
29-Oct-10, 03:01
I think Burger King is awesome, mmmm

Also sorry I have no idea what time it closes at.

Burger King in the states is one of my favorite fast food places. Looks like they are expanding all over the world.