PDA

View Full Version : Finally, they've started...

cja275
28-Oct-10, 19:05
I noticed they’ve started to clear the new Tesco site. Not to keen on the big blue fence though, you can’t see what they’re up to....
Still at least they’ve finally started.
Will it be open by next Christmas though?

Kodiak
28-Oct-10, 19:43
I am keeping my fingers crossed it is not a clear up of the site and then a dead stop.

Tugmistress
28-Oct-10, 20:14
I am keeping my fingers crossed it is not a clear up of the site and then a dead stop.

you and i both kodiak!

neilsermk1
28-Oct-10, 20:55
How long do you think the big blue fence will stay there. I wouldn't like to be parking my car anywhere near it in a good going gale

theone
28-Oct-10, 21:17
How long do you think the big blue fence will stay there. I wouldn't like to be parking my car anywhere near it in a good going gale

I thought exactly the same thing walking past it today.

Once the winter gales come I susspect they'll be wishing they'd built a slatted fence rather than using board.

What is Thurso going to do without its very own motor mile anymore?

jaykay
29-Oct-10, 15:35

According to the article in last Wednesday's Caithness Courier, Tesco have only committed to clear the site and make it safe. I take it that means leaving the blue fence around it to keep people out.

There was no mention of Tesco building a new store on the site anytime soon.

I think we had better get used to the blue fence because it is likely to be with us for a while.

Kevin Milkins
29-Oct-10, 15:40
When they built Tesco in Wick, the blue fence went up in about June, (I think) and it seemed inconceivable that they would be ready for business by November, but they were.