PDA

View Full Version : Sppoky. Time traveller?

porshiepoo
28-Oct-10, 13:29
Seems some people are claiming this person is some kind of time traveller as they appear to be chatting on a mobile phone in the 1920's.
It's claimed that it's a woman but she looks decidedly male to me. Not of any benefit to the story, just an observation.

It's a very weird video. This person DOES appear to be chatting away on a mobile phone at a Charlie Chaplin premiere. The video has been verified that it's true and has not be tampered with but I can't imagine the reception would have been up to much in the 20's. :lol:

And on top of that, who're they talking to?

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/57334/time-traveller-spotted-at-chaplin-premiere.html

What do you think?

teddybear1873
28-Oct-10, 13:41
Load of crap. Who verified that it wasn't tampered with? It's a hoax, simple as that.

Duncansby
28-Oct-10, 13:45
Miybe, and I ken this is a stretch of the imagination, but miybe she joost had an itchy lug and was muttering to herself? I talk to myself all the time - at's no a sign of madness is it?! :eek:

If I was able to travel through time I'm not sure I'd go to a premier - I'd get it on DVD as at would be much simplier.

I'm not sure where or when I'd like to go to if I could go back in time - there is too many things I'd like to see. But I guess if you had a time machine you'd have all the time in the world :lol:

teddybear1873
28-Oct-10, 13:50
Miybe, and I ken this is a stretch of the imagination, but miybe she joost had an itchy lug and was muttering to herself? I talk to myself all the time - at's no a sign of madness is it?! :eek:

If I was able to travel through time I'm not sure I'd go to a premier - I'd get it on DVD as at would be much simplier.

I'm not sure where or when I'd like to go to if I could go back in time - there is too many things I'd like to see. But I guess if you had a time machine you'd have all the time in the world :lol:

If there was only one chance of going back in time, I would go back to 1966 and kidnap Geoff Hurst. Ohhhh that would be bliss.

Phill
28-Oct-10, 14:26
The guy in front was the person who invented the mowby fone, he gave it to his missus to try the prototype.

"Hello....hello, helllloooooo" "Piece of crap, it'll never catch on"

Kodiak
28-Oct-10, 15:07
Seems some people are claiming this person is some kind of time traveller as they appear to be chatting on a mobile phone in the 1920's.
It's claimed that it's a woman but she looks decidedly male to me. Not of any benefit to the story, just an observation.

It's a very weird video. This person DOES appear to be chatting away on a mobile phone at a Charlie Chaplin premiere. The video has been verified that it's true and has not be tampered with but I can't imagine the reception would have been up to much in the 20's. :lol:

And on top of that, who're they talking to?

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/57334/time-traveller-spotted-at-chaplin-premiere.html

What do you think?

Two Questions.

1. Who would they be taliking to?

2. Where would the Mobile Signal come from?

As I doubt very much there would have been a VodaFone Mast close by.

So by conclusion it is a fake, Simples.

Ricco
28-Oct-10, 15:13
Total tosh! Back in that era those who were hard of hearing used to have a hearing trumpet - quite small and could be held in one hand. It looks like one of those to me.

28-Oct-10, 15:57
IF it's real then they might not need a phone mast...if they've figured out how to time travel then surely they could have made some sort of phone that didn't need to get signal from phone masts?

BMcGillivray
28-Oct-10, 16:04
Check out http://hearing.siemens.com/sg/10-about-us/01-our-history/milestones.jsp?year=1924

She seems to be somebody who had money, and could well have afforded one of these devices. As for the talking, she could well be walking along saying "This is amazing, I can hear better."

dafi
28-Oct-10, 16:06
Its as hard to believe that her nose is real let alone the phone...lol

dafi
28-Oct-10, 16:11
and what about those shoes!!

Phill
28-Oct-10, 17:42
IF it's real then they might not need a phone mast...if they've figured out how to time travel then surely they could have made some sort of phone that didn't need to get signal from phone masts?

Now were talking, I reckon its a Matrix type setup. Agent Smith was just out of shot.

teddybear1873
28-Oct-10, 17:48
Now were talking, I reckon its a Matrix type setup. Agent Smith was just out of shot.

Or it could be Jean Claude Who Gives A Damne from Timecop.

dafi
28-Oct-10, 17:48
Could be trans dimensional, i allways think that has far more creadence than time travel....on my planet anyway....

Saveman
28-Oct-10, 18:32
Hmmmm.....could be lots of things, but one of those things is not a time traveller.

George Brims
28-Oct-10, 18:54
I dunno. That's Graumann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, and one time I was there I met this bloke who claimed he was from Mars. He seemed quite firm in his conviction, so who knows what other weirdness could be going on around there. A late night visit to the area will certainly confuse one on gender roles, should you study some of the young ladies strolling by too closely.