PDA

View Full Version : taping and jointing / filling

willfal
27-Oct-10, 19:52
I'm looking to get my living room walls taped and jointed / filled after a complete renovation. If it were any other room other than the living room, i would have tried it myself but the work needs to be perfect.

Who should i use to do this?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Oct-10, 21:41
Scott Davidson for Lochend - absolutely fantastic - complete perfectionist!

Scarybiscuits03
27-Oct-10, 21:52
NOT Mr Mackenzie from Wick!!...All of mine is falling off after he did it![disgust]
Gonna have to get someone in to fix it and I've got a lot of rooms - it's gonna be expensive!!!.......

willfal
27-Oct-10, 22:31
Scott Davidson for Lochend - absolutely fantastic - complete perfectionist!

Do you have a contact number for him.?

willfal
27-Oct-10, 22:34
So far i have been given details for Macdougall and Webster.. will get a quote on friday from them.

willfal
27-Oct-10, 22:45
NOT Mr Mackenzie from Wick!!...All of mine is falling off after he did it![disgust]
Gonna have to get someone in to fix it and I've got a lot of rooms - it's gonna be expensive!!!.......

Thats not good.. Is this a self employed individual or does he work for a painting / decorating firm.?

How do payment for these services work as i am not really willing to pay in full as soon as the work is complete. I'm happy to pay i.e half but imperfections dont show until the final finish coats have been applied.

I dont think this is unreasonable... is it?

willfal
27-Oct-10, 23:13
I've sent emails to nearly everyone on the Business index which list Taping and filling... most emails have come back with "failure to deliver"...[evil]

Torvaig
28-Oct-10, 02:00
Do you have a contact number for him.?

Yes, Scott Davidson - 07922133644 ;)

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 09:09
Thats not good.. Is this a self employed individual or does he work for a painting / decorating firm.?

He is self employed but he was contracted to work on my house by a building firm.....He only managed to put one coat of paint on the walls as well!!![disgust]

sphinx
31-Oct-10, 17:31
try mcallan and co painters they are first class and always leave a great job

TanyaHorne
01-Nov-10, 14:35
HIGHLY recommend Alan Anderson from wick. he did an amazing job of our new build !