PDA

View Full Version : Painting

Lolabelle
02-Aug-06, 08:12
Anyone feel like ducking over here and giving me a hand to paint my kitchen?
Oh well, it was just a thought.
Bye for now, gotta get painting.;)

Ricco
02-Aug-06, 08:58
Shucks, Lolabelle. I'm all painted out! Spent last week painting the shed, the garden fences and the sunroom window sill. :Razz

Kingetter
02-Aug-06, 09:32
And I'd sooner paint the town but that just leads to getting plastered!

mccaugm
02-Aug-06, 11:33
:( Lola, think you got away easy I am currently stripping the walls in my eldest sons bedroom, its got woodchip on top and another layer underneath. Luckily he is away for a fortnight but his room looks like winter has come early with all the tiny flakes of wallpaper. Ho hum better get back to it.

orkneylass
02-Aug-06, 15:41
isn't woodchip a nightmare to remove? In one bedroom in my house I gave up and put 2 layers of thick lining paper over it! Am building a new house and it is going to be an artex and woodchip free zone.

canuck
02-Aug-06, 15:44
Anyone feel like ducking over here and giving me a hand to paint my kitchen?
Oh well, it was just a thought.
Bye for now, gotta get painting.;)

I want the crew over here once they have finished your work for you.

obiron
02-Aug-06, 16:02
was trying to do our back lobby but with the boys in i have given up. only have to sand the skirtings and thats it ready. there back to school soon so get it done then.

mooncat
02-Aug-06, 21:30
2 layer of wood chip...!!!! that is pure evil.. I have just done the kitchen of my house and the living room and the bathroom, in fact the only thing that doesnt have wood chip in here is the floor... Im sure the devil was a painter and decorator in the late 60s/ early 70s.... 8-)

Lolabelle
02-Aug-06, 23:55
Seems like everyone knows what I'm up against. My kitchen is being renovated by my father and myself. It has taken us months and that is because I keep finding something else to add to the to -do list. Rip out that this wall, make that door bigger, and on and on it goes. I feel like Murphy Brown and her painter. We will never finish. But I love spending the time with my semi retired carpenter father. :D

connieb19
04-Aug-06, 17:16
Is it possible to paint the skirtings without getting paint on the carpet? :confused:

Lolabelle
05-Aug-06, 01:32
Not that I know of. maybe put some tape along the edge

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
05-Aug-06, 05:52
Is it possible to paint the skirtings without getting paint on the carpet? :confused: dont know if you have them over there Connie out here I bought a hand held thing its 2 ft long with a metal blade (not sharp) you put it against the skirting and bend it down them paint I use it whenever I paint,got it from the local hardware shop http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

connieb19
05-Aug-06, 10:13
dont know if you have them over there Connie out here I bought a hand held thing its 2 ft long with a metal blade (not sharp) you put it against the skirting and bend it down them paint I use it whenever I paint,got it from the local hardware shop http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gifThanks!! I'll go a look to Homebase just now to see if they have anything like that..:D