PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennel

Logical
27-Oct-10, 10:42
Does anyone know of which is the best (and cheapest) dog kennel locally?

Looking for somewhere to look after a 5 month Labrador pup for 2 nights.

AliciaMackinnon
27-Oct-10, 11:09
argos! pets at home

Blondie
27-Oct-10, 12:34
A bit of advice ..... do not put the dog to Longgreen kennels, however cheap.

Have PM'd you a name of someone who may be able to help you.

Dadie
27-Oct-10, 16:06
There is a conflict of interest in what the op posted.
There is a major difference between wanting the best and wanting the cheapest.
Ramscraigs is still as good as it was.
Long green is marginally cheaper....but....NO ... NEVER EVER AGAIN..

Logical
27-Oct-10, 19:42
Ok, so definitely not Long Green. I've been PM'd a few different places which I will give a try.

Thanks everyone for all their help.

daisychain
27-Oct-10, 19:57
Ramscraigs or Gairdie at Dornoch, both excellent kennels, i wont ever put any of my animals to Longreen kennels again!!!

bullielove
27-Oct-10, 21:18
sorry dont mean to hijack your thread but i was wondering what is wrong with Long green?

unicorn
27-Oct-10, 21:26
I don't know what it is like now but my dog was there years ago and came back in a hell of a state, had lost 1 1/2 stone in weight, filthy, terrified, When I left she had a lovely bed, when I arrived back it was snowing and the owner was not there and a friend was, they opened up the unlocked kennels for me and lo and behold my poor dog had a wooden pallet and no blanket to sleep on. Thankfully she had a vet check before she went in so I could prove what happened. The Vet and SSPCA were involved in the case but sadly I don't know what the outcome was as nobody ever told me.
So would I use them again, not a chance. She was never ever the same again.

Tyke
28-Oct-10, 11:41
Does anyone know of which is the best (and cheapest) dog kennel locally?

Looking for somewhere to look after a 5 month Labrador pup for 2 nights.

Just to clarify, because I believe I have spoken to you prior to your post. At Ramscraigs Kennels we will not accept a dog under the age of 6 months for boarding. We do this for many reasons but the main one being we do not want frighten the dog. The noise in kennels can at times be very loud, especially at exercise periods when every dog wants out at the same time and that can be very intimidating for a young pup. We want the dog to enjoy being in kennels and look forward to coming back.
When we breed dogs we give our new owners the opportunity to bring the pup back to us if they have to go away until the dog is a year old. Can you take the pup back to the breeder to look after whilst you are away?:)

Liz
28-Oct-10, 12:52
Could a neighbour or friend not help out seeing it's only for a couple of days?
If you lived nearer I would have helped.

If this isn't possible how about Highland Pet Care who will come to your house? http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1996

Logical
28-Oct-10, 13:28
At Ramscraigs Kennels we will not accept a dog under the age of 6 months for boarding.

Thanks, that's no problem. I think that at the time we go away he may well be 6 months but I will have to check his birth certificate slip.

Could a neighbour or friend not help out seeing it's only for a couple of days?
If you lived nearer I would have helped.

If this isn't possible how about Highland Pet Care who will come to your house? http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1996

We cant rely on neighbours as we are moving to wick in a few days and don't know them...

Might give Highland Pet Care a ring, I imagine they would charge a bit and it would be a lot of hassle for them coming all the way from Berriedale though.:confused

Liz
28-Oct-10, 13:42
Might give Highland Pet Care a ring, I imagine they would charge a bit and it would be a lot of hassle for them coming all the way from Berriedale though.:confused

Not sure what they charge but, although they are based in Berriedale, the people who work for them live in different areas including Wick.