PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh

dirdyweeker
26-Oct-10, 16:52
Anyone suggest somewhere not too far from Edinburgh Airport to stay overnight. Have an early morning flight and a car to book in somewhere. The Hotel prices close by are very high.

YummyMummy
26-Oct-10, 17:04
We've just flown to and from edinburgh airport for our hols. Stayed at the Travelodge the night before we flew out. A 5 minute drive from the airport. Good (free) car parking, excellent bar facilities and the basic restaurant was fine (pre book 2 courses for £5).

Kids eat free breakfast if you book in advance.

Rooms were fine and well-equipped. Good value, would recommend.

Scarybiscuits03
26-Oct-10, 17:23
Anyone suggest somewhere not too far from Edinburgh Airport to stay overnight. Have an early morning flight and a car to book in somewhere. The Hotel prices close by are very high.

There is a Premier Inn at Polmont which is about a 20 min drive away

pat
27-Oct-10, 08:05
There are quite a few B&Bs on the Glasgow Road, Corstorphine, the 100 airport bus passes directly in front of the houses - if you pick one nearer to the Drumbrae Roundabout you would not have to walk far to catch the buses which run all night now I believe.
Sorry cannot remember the names of any of the B&Bs

sjr014
27-Oct-10, 21:41
Stayed at Novotel at Edinburgh Park it was really nice and if booked in advance you get it at a reasonable price.

theone
27-Oct-10, 22:17
I normally stay at perth or dunfermline travelodge.

40 minutes drive maximum in the morning.

Kirdon
27-Oct-10, 22:26
We've just flown to and from edinburgh airport for our hols. Stayed at the Travelodge the night before we flew out. A 5 minute drive from the airport. Good (free) car parking, excellent bar facilities and the basic restaurant was fine (pre book 2 courses for £5).

Kids eat free breakfast if you book in advance.

Rooms were fine and well-equipped. Good value, would recommend.

Travelodge for me too, not perfect but always clean and good value.

dirdyweeker
28-Oct-10, 17:50
thanks for your help. Will now go with these to have a look on the internet.
Plenty options. Thanks