PDA

View Full Version : Mey Christmas Craft Fayre

mrs_inkstack
26-Oct-10, 14:55
Starting to take bookings for tables for this years Craft Fayre in Mey hall on Saturday the 27th of November, from 2 - 5 PM.

Had lots of stalls last year, should be busy. Contact myself on 01847 851 841, email jackiemackenzie123@btinternet.com or PM me.

Tables £5 each.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

cheers,
Jacqueline :D

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Oct-10, 15:04
Hi Jackie can I have a table please................ :-)

MA

mrs_inkstack
26-Oct-10, 15:46
No problem Mrs ..... wis hoping you'd be there, get a few bits from you ;)
cheers
J x

Mouse
30-Oct-10, 09:26
:lol:
was good crack last year & I did a quite a bit of Xmas shopping at it.
Are you doing Teas & entertainment like last year?

I'll put in on the calender.

mrs_inkstack
03-Nov-10, 10:27
Caithness hand bell ringers for a bit of christmas cheer. Tea / coffee and home baking, might do something different, put my thinking cap on ;)

Hope to see you there x

mrs_inkstack
07-Nov-10, 15:23
Tables are going quickly ...... still a few left but hurray, so as not to be disappointed :D

mrs_inkstack
11-Nov-10, 13:58
bump to top .....

SunnyChick
15-Nov-10, 16:29
Will be there - with big tasty scones! :lol:

farmer
16-Nov-10, 19:42
Sounds like a great day out!! Might get some Christmas shopping done at long last!!! Last years Craft Fayre was really good!

mrs_inkstack
17-Nov-10, 18:20
Will be there - with big tasty scones! :lol:

Wow ;) had to read that twice Sunny Chick lol :lol:

See you all there x

mrs_inkstack
23-Nov-10, 20:59
Still got some tables left ;)

Karen
24-Nov-10, 23:16
Looking forward to it, lots of presents to buy. It was great last year :D

mrs_inkstack
26-Nov-10, 11:54
Bump to top ....

divanp75
26-Nov-10, 16:58
We are taking out Soaps on Saturday to Mey :D

one big fat scone for me please :O

Diane

SunnyChick
26-Nov-10, 17:07
Just wanted to say that I'm really hoping for a good turnout tomorrow for Crossroads School!

Wrap up warm and come have a looksy...... there will be plenty to see and buy!

Remember to take time out for a sit down and much deserved mug of tea/coffee and yummy oven scone too! :Razz

puffin croft
26-Nov-10, 19:20
we will be there with christmas cakes,freshly baked breads and lots of mincepies! hope to see lots of people there!

farmer
27-Nov-10, 11:59
Looking forward to this afternoon. Should be nice to see a few different things and get a couple of bits and bobs for Christmas!

You've even managed to switch on a wee dusting of snow for that extra Christmassy touch!! Fantastic!!

Roads seem alright in the Mey direction just now, so hopefully the weather won't put too many folk off!!

mrs_inkstack
27-Nov-10, 13:39
I've just been down to the hall and it's a total white out, the roads are white and not been gritted. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but the committee feel that it would be irresponsible to take people out in this weather, sorry.

Jacqueline

simpson
27-Nov-10, 13:54
That is a shame will you be setting another date for the fayre?

rosie
27-Nov-10, 15:06
what a shame to have to cancel - hope you can have it another day or evening before christmas

mrs_inkstack
27-Nov-10, 15:06
It's such a shame and everyone went to such an effort to take part, unfortunately we can't predict the weather. I personally don't think we will be able to arrange another date, there is so much organising involved and there are so many other things on in the run up to Christmas but untimately it would be a committee decision, something that we could look into.

SunnyChick
27-Nov-10, 15:58
Yeah, it is a shame to cancel, but the weather is an unpredictable force of nature, and we are prone to some extreme weather in this part of the county!

Not all is lost as I've managed to sell some baking to friends, colleagues and family, and if everyone else who baked could consider doing the same thing, then it'll bring in a few pennies still. :D

Maybe a summer fete next time chick? Barbeque, limbo dancing, fire eating and "mocktails"? We could hold it in high summer.... but it'll maybe still snow! :lol:

mrs_inkstack
27-Nov-10, 18:56
Good idea Mrs but you can organise it for a change ....... I'm scunnered ;(

Mouse
27-Nov-10, 20:10
People seem to forget these things take organizing, planning and expense well before the day event arrives.

Mrs Inkstack does a heck of a lot of work for the school & has been getting moaned & gurned at most of the day. [evil]

Setting up time was 12, at 12.15 when the decision was made only 4 committee members/parents had turned up to help. That says a lot. [disgust]
The parent forum tries its best but there are a lot more that 4 families in the school. :(

Madge
28-Nov-10, 11:34
I agree - at the end of the day, the decision to cancel was made in the best interests of all - surely safety comes first? And besides, if it had gone ahead - what were the chances of a good turn out of 'customers'?

As for Mrs Inkstack having to put up with people giving her verbal abuse, its a disgrace and these people should be ashamed of themselves. I can guarantee that the effort, time and expense that Mrs Inkstack (and the other Parent Forum members) went to, is no less than that of those dishing out the abuse.. Besides, she didn't decide to cancel it all on her own! It was a committee decision - Mrs Inkstack was merely the contact point.

Yes, its a shame it was cancelled, but the organisers were doing this for the good of the school, and they have lost out too. Good on those who were selling what they had made to neighbours and friends - thank you for the effort you have gone to.

Madge

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Nov-10, 21:18
In light of the cancellation of last weeks sale there will be a sale in Canisbay now on Saturday 4th December 12-3 - £5 per table - bric a brac , trade and craft stalls welcome.

Please e-mail mafgers@googlemail.com for more info.

SunnyChick
30-Nov-10, 15:38
Good idea Mrs but you can organise it for a change ....... I'm scunnered ;(

Don't blame ya dolly! :confused x