PDA

View Full Version : Budge/Forbes

alexsm
26-Oct-10, 14:44
I have been researching my Budge/Forbes family for many years and have reached a brick wall. Their names are Alexander Budge (Born c1800 died before 1851) and his wife Isabella Forbes (1800-1882). They married on 24 July 1824; he lived at Achengoul and she at Achkinloch.
Their family was James (1825-1904) Robert D (1828-1903)
Isabella (1831-) Donald 1833 prob died young) Alexander (b1834 prob died young; Alexandrina(1836-1914) Joseph (baker in Lybster 1838-)
Helen Mary (1841-1922) and Ann (1844- alive at 1871 census).
Isabella's parents were James Forbes, Achkinloch and Margaret Sutherland Rangag. I have been unable to find a birth for Alexander.
I have seen a reference to a pedigree chart posted to IGS by Jeff Budge of Boston He is the son of Donald Budge, the famous tennis player. I mentions a family of Budges in Achnagoul, Laid and Knockinnan. I have not seen this document.
Their son James was my great grandfather. He was a fisherman in Lybster . His first wife was Ann Bain (1834-1874) and his second Elizabeth Macdonald (d c1922) His family were all born in Lybster. Isabella Maggie (1866-1900 She was a missionary in Calabar West Africa. Williamina Bain (B1867 d- believe emigrated to Canada);
Alexander (b1969; fought in Boer War ; last ref in Pollock St Glasgow 1904); Donald Bain (1870-1953) He was captain of the Hesperus, the lighthouse steamer , operated from Oban) and Helan (1872-1926)
Last named was my maternal grandmother and she was married to James A Sutherland, shoemaker, Latheronwheel. They has a family of twelve.
Sorry this is so long winded. I would appreciate any contacts with ref to this family.

achastle
27-Oct-10, 21:34
I have been researching the above, although I have not looked at that branch in a while. Alexander and Isabella (nee Forbes) were my husband's great great grandparents and he is descended from their daughter Margaret - don't think you mentioned her, born in 1830 (or thereabouts). I'd love to compare things with you. Please send me a private message. Thanks.

alexsm
19-Dec-10, 00:26
Hi Agnes Tried4 time to send you some family data by e mail but each time it was returned. The info you gave in your thread was most interesting; I had always thought there should be a Margaret, as that was her grandmothers name, and there she was. I was also surprised to find that your husband is Peter Clark. i remember him as a young boy and when I joined the Met Office at Wick Airport his father Jimmie was the Manager. I never realised we were related. Hope you pick this up. I am very keen to keep in contact Regards Alex

achastle
21-Dec-10, 03:23
I sent you an e-mail earlier today - would love to hear if you rec'd it. I've no idea why your inf. is not getting through to me. It's a small world isn't it. You have indeed got the right Clarks.

alexsm
14-Jan-11, 16:20
Hello again Agnes I keep getting a failure in sending e -mail. I have tried all methods but no joy. Just to let you know I havn't forgotten you. I was speaking a Ann Dunnet at the Caithnee FHS meeting on Wed and he said you were on her class at school. If you like to send a private message with your address I will se nd on all the data I tried to e mail. Look forward to hearing from you Alex