PDA

View Full Version : Singin' in the rain

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:05
Just a minute.Whats happened to the heat wave.Just did ma best impression o' Gene Kelly the day in Market Square!!!!:lol:

Where's the sun gone,please come back!!!!!:~(

Billy Boy
01-Aug-06, 18:09
http://www.jokeawhenever.com/archive/media/pictures/ATT00155.jpg

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:11
Noo thats nifty Mr and Mrs B.,all that excertion this afternoon for nothing when I could have got masel' one o' those,no in pink though!!!!:lol: :lol:

Billy Boy
01-Aug-06, 18:14
bet you would turn a few heads in wick useing that lol[lol]

Cocoa
01-Aug-06, 18:15
Well......... I'm quite relieved that the rain has finally come and broken the 'heavy' oppressive feeling of stagnant heat we've had here for so long now: I've not been sleeping at nights recently (including last night when I was wandering about the house and checking the Org until 5 a.m.!!)

The rain will also be good for the grass which will, in turn, be good for my horse! :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:19
Well......... I'm quite relieved that the rain has finally come and broken the 'heavy' oppressive feeling of stagnant heat we've had here for so long now: I've not been sleeping at nights recently (including last night when I was wondering about the house and checking the Org until 5 a.m.!!)

The rain will also be good for the grass which will, in turn, be good for my horse! :lol:

Cocoa,a horse that smokes joints!!!!Ye'll be a millioniare!!!!![lol]

Cocoa
01-Aug-06, 18:22
Ahhh, so is that why he can be so unpredictable [lol] ?! (Or could it be more likely that he is just a typical Thoroughbred?...............:roll: )

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:31
Ahhh, so is that why he can be so unpredictable [lol] ?! (Or could it be more likely that he is just a typical Thoroughbred?...............:roll: )

I bet the horse listens to Bob Marley on the MP3 player!!!!!LOL

Cocoa
01-Aug-06, 18:36
Ha ha! It might help if he did - then he might be a bit more "chilled, man" !! [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:45
Ha ha! It might help if he did - then he might be a bit more "chilled, man" !! [lol]

:lol: ......Could always get the horse to make some homemade jam........I can just see it now....We're jammin,oh yeah we're jammin!!!!!!

Cocoa
01-Aug-06, 18:47
:lol: ......Could always get the horse to make some homemade jam........I can just see it now....We're jammin,oh yeah we're jammin!!!!!!

Well..... I always knew he was a dark horse (pun intended!!!) but that would be a little ridiculous......... [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:59
Well..... I always knew he was a dark horse (pun intended!!!) but that would be a little ridiculous......... [lol]

A jam making horse singing in the rain.Who said Caithness didn't have it all!!!:lol:

sapphire
01-Aug-06, 19:06
Just a minute.Whats happened to the heat wave.Just did ma best impression o' Gene Kelly the day in Market Square!!!!

Where's the sun gone,please come back!!!!!

Did you make a pound or two while you were at it?:Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 19:18
Did you make a pound or two while you were at it?:Razz

3p,two buttons and some fluff....no be doing that again in a hurry!!!!!!:lol:

I do like the rain,the sun is better.Hear a NEW heatwave is on its way!!!

Carlo Gambino
01-Aug-06, 19:31
It was a beautiful day here where I am- eventually! Did you folks get the thunder & lightning last night? It was raining when I got up but it slowly got scor-chio, my ears are singed a little bit

Fran
02-Aug-06, 02:25
Terrible floods on the Lybster to thrumster road this afternoon, had the wipers on full but could hardly see where i ws going!!

canuck
02-Aug-06, 05:07
Just a minute.Whats happened to the heat wave.Just did ma best impression o' Gene Kelly the day in Market Square!!!!:lol:

Where's the sun gone,please come back!!!!!:~(

Perhaps we have it. The humidex said 50C this afternoon.

I was out and about despite it all. It felt like 7000 degrees, so when I saw the sign that read "Charms for your croc shoes", I did think twice about going over to see. But I knew that I had to for acameron's sake. And there, in the store, with all the charms were some little pies. Wow, little pies for AC's croc shoes. He could save us all from the Glebites with one kick of those sand shoes.

cullbucket
02-Aug-06, 06:57
Well......... I'm quite relieved that the rain has finally come and broken the 'heavy' oppressive we've had here for so long now: I've not been sleeping at nights recently (including last night when I was wandering about the house and checking the Org until 5 a.m.!!)

Here is a good example of Caithness slang.... 'heavy' opressive feeling of stagnant heat = close

i.e. she's hoor of a close the day, check

Cocoa
02-Aug-06, 11:42
Here is a good example of Caithness slang.... 'heavy' opressive feeling of stagnant heat = close

i.e. she's hoor of a close the day, check

Good example - I've heard "close" quite a few times and have started using it myself now when talking to local people (I'm not from Caithness). Down south I always used to say "muggy". Does anyone else use that term much?

bosco
02-Aug-06, 13:02
Well folks im bringing the hot weather wi me when i come up their on holiday on sat 5th august , fae FIfe:cool: