PDA

View Full Version : Quality avatars

Ricco
01-Aug-06, 14:38
How do, Sporran.

Hope you don't mind me askin'. How do you get the lovely quality avatars that you use? I have several images but when I resize them and reduce the pixel quality they end up useless.

Ricco

PS - I couldn't PM you 'cos ur full.

Sporran
01-Aug-06, 17:56
Hi Ricco,

I type "free avatars" in a Google search, and check out the sites that come up. There are quite a number available, and the avatars are already sized to 100 x 100 or less. After I find an avatar I like, I save it to my computer, as instructed. My current avatar was originally 88 x 100, but after I uploaded it here, it automatically reduced in size to 70 x 80. Still turned out nice though! :)

Cheers,

Sporran

Ricco
02-Aug-06, 16:36
Hi Ricco,

I type "free avatars" in a Google search, and check out the sites that come up. There are quite a number available, and the avatars are already sized to 100 x 100 or less. After I find an avatar I like, I save it to my computer, as instructed. My current avatar was originally 88 x 100, but after I uploaded it here, it automatically reduced in size to 70 x 80. Still turned out nice though! :)

Cheers,

Sporran

It looks terrific. I have been playing around with an image in Photoshop and I think the result is quite acceptable. I'll try another couple until I get a good technique and then post the process.

Cheers,

Ricco

Sporran
02-Aug-06, 19:57
It looks terrific. I have been playing around with an image in Photoshop and I think the result is quite acceptable. I'll try another couple until I get a good technique and then post the process.

Cheers,

Ricco

Thanks, Ricco. I like your cool new avatar too! :)

Regards,

Sporran