PDA

View Full Version : Laser eye surgery

candycanegirl
25-Oct-10, 17:56
Has anyone had this done in Inverness? what was your experience-did it work? was it painful? would you recommend it? Thanks in advance:D

Scarybiscuits03
25-Oct-10, 19:19
Has anyone had this done in Inverness? what was your experience-did it work? was it painful? would you recommend it? Thanks in advance:D

Yup - had mine done in Inverness. Dont know why I was so nervous - took minutes and it's painless!
They put drops in your eyes to numb them, then they use one machine to cut the cornea then the slide you over to another machine to get the laser treatment.....took about 5 mins in all! I was out for dinner and drinks the very same night.
Wish I'd done it sooner!

crichton
25-Oct-10, 23:01
Hi,
had mine done 3 1/2 years ago and havent looked back since. Understandably everyone is nervous pre op but the results are amazing - when you go back for your 1 week check ask the Optician to show you where you were on the chart before the op and you will be amazed at the difference.

Best money I've spent.

Crichton

Dman
26-Oct-10, 19:56
Hi,
Had my eyes done in May this year at Optical Express in Inverness you get an eye exam first to see if your suitable for the surgery and to tell you how much it will cost, then you'll set a date for the surgery.On the day they give you another check up then you have some drops put in your eyes to numb them, after that you then go in, the surgery itself only takes about 5 mins, you can feel them working on your eye but there is no pain, honestly there is'nt, when your done you go and sit down for a while, they give you an eye care pack with some lubricating eye drops,some antibiotic eye drops and another one, I forgot what that one is for.I had some discomfort for a few days and it took about a week before I started to feel comfortable, but I have to say it was all worth it I have 20/20 vision now I can see things in such detail and clarity now, absolutly brilliant I would definatly recommend it, it's such a great feeling not having to wear glasses, go on do it.

Dadie
26-Oct-10, 20:05
Hubby had it done 3 months or so ago.
He wished he had it done years ago.
He had gritty feeling eyes after the op...but was fine the day after..one eye was already 20/20 by then.
I think it all depends on what procedure you actually get done that dictates the discomfort afterwards.

ak1
26-Oct-10, 21:40
had mine done about year and half ago in inverness, best money i ever spent. took minutes and not sore at all and within an hour had better than 20/20 vision.

Green_not_greed
26-Oct-10, 21:41
The captain of HMS Astute had it done, I believe.....

luskentyre
27-Oct-10, 00:01

Which isn't actually at all helpful for anyone contemplating a surgical procedure.

Yes, I had it done in Inverness. To be honest, the worst thing is when they clamp your eyes open (so you don't blink during the procedure). It's over in minutes and not painful at all.

After years of wearing glasses and then contact lenses, it was so liberating to be free of that.

stekar
27-Oct-10, 16:56

Thought that was quite funny myself.....

Anyway, I had it done 6 years ago (but not in Inverness). I had to have the type where they did one eye, and then the other eye about 2 weeks later. This is apparently the more painful procedure. It was a bit painful for a while and took a couple of days for my vision to clear, but totally spec free now with 20/20 vision.

Green_not_greed
27-Oct-10, 21:12
FYI I wasn't entirely being serious........

I know a good few people who have had it done and all have had success and no longer need glasses. The only "downside" stories I have had from some (the minority) of them are that they had to have it done twice as the clinic underestimated the amount to cut in the first place.

For the record I am still a specky begger......

GNG