PDA

View Full Version : The Galactic Alignment 2012

cesare
25-Oct-10, 16:00
December 21, 2012

whats your thoughts on this?
up untill recently scientists didnt know they were a black hole in the center of our universe

do you think this is all just hype? or do you think the risk of a "polar shift" is real? giving they are evidence that its happend before.
now there evidence the Mayan Calendar has predicted this before..and there calandar runs out on this date...
does this really mean we are only now catching up with what we once knew??

im not sayin i beleve this i just would like to hear other peoples views

Logical
25-Oct-10, 16:11
I don't think that the world will end on this date as such, I personally believe around this time we may experience some celestial phenomena and possibly some natural disasters as a result but as for then end of our existence, I think the earth has a while to go yet.

I think the only thing we need to worry about is that if people do believe that the end is coming then all order in the streets will be lost and anarchy will break out.

cesare
25-Oct-10, 16:26
I don't think that the world will end on this date as such, I personally believe around this time we may experience some celestial phenomena and possibly some natural disasters as a result but as for then end of our existence, I think the earth has a while to go yet.

I think the only thing we need to worry about is that if people do believe that the end is coming then all order in the streets will be lost and anarchy will break out.

yeah i agree but i think we have seen over the past 5 years a increase of natural disasters.riots,diesese famine i seriously dont no what to think or who to beleve because 9 out of 10 they dont want you to know

onecalledk
25-Oct-10, 16:44
December 21, 2012

now there evidence the Mayan Calendar has predicted this before..and there calandar runs out on this date...

the mayan calandar has been misinterpretted for long enough and there is a lot of misinformation out there about what the calendar means.

I was recently at a conference where 3 of the mayan elders were speaking and all 3 of them made reference to the fact that their calendars have been falsely interpreted.

They talked about a lot of changes that would happen on earth physically and spiritually. Hollywood has a lot to blame for the "its the end of the world "scenario being peddled.

One audience member asked one of the elders what he thought would happen on the 21st December 2012 and when he was told there would be no disasters he asked what would happen on the 22nd to which he was told it may be a little cloudy but probaby much like the day before.

Remember the yr 2000 scenario, we all woke up on the 1st january 2000 and switched on the telly, made toast and the pc still worked .........

K

Ricco
25-Oct-10, 17:18
This is it - everyone loves a conspiracy theory, a disaster theory, an 'end of the world is nigh' theory. A lot of con artists made money of the back of the Y2K theory and nowt came of it. No doubt there will be those sharp enough to make money out of the 2012 and 2020 dates... and there will be the fools queuing up to be parted from their money.

A new day will dawn and it will be just the same as the day before. :confused

ducati
25-Oct-10, 17:24
Er.. Wasn’t the date problem with Windows 95 real? If we hadn't fixed it, it would have been very inconvenient if not disastrous.

Microsoft developed a series of fixes for different systems and a lot of very industrious people implemented it.
It didn't just go away ;)

Ricco
25-Oct-10, 17:39
Er.. Wasn’t the date problem with Windows 95 real? If we hadn't fixed it, it would have been very inconvenient if not disastrous.

Microsoft developed a series of fixes for different systems and a lot of very industrious people implemented it.
It didn't just go away ;)

Quite - and a lot of companies invested 100s of thousands of squids to avoid any problem. However, many millions of people did nothing and no harm came to them or their PC's. The problem was corrected by making the 'word' length 4 bit rather than 2 bit. That'll keep us going until the date reaches 9999. Don't expect computers will look anything like they do today.

Logical
25-Oct-10, 19:21
we have seen over the past 5 years a increase of natural disasters.riots,diesese famine

Taken from the bible: Jesus disciples asked "what will be the sign ... of the conclusion of the system of things?”

there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

Yes, the world will end soon.:confused

Not necessary 2012 though.

George Brims
25-Oct-10, 19:23
December 21, 2012

up untill recently scientists didnt know they were a black hole in the center of our universe
Oh yes they did. I work in the same department as some of the people who discovered it - almost 20 years ago. And it was quite confidently predicted they would find one for a long time before they found the proof.

As for the Mayan Calendar, so what? I have a calendar on my wall (with bonnie pictures of Scotland) that runs out on December 31st this year. I confidently expect to be here to put up a new one after January 1st.

Geo
25-Oct-10, 21:27
Nasa's take on it:

Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

More Q&As on the subject here:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Metalattakk
25-Oct-10, 22:39
December 21, 2012

Ooh, that'll be Mad Friday, I believe.

Looking forward to it. ;)

Paul_and_Anna
25-Oct-10, 23:05
The end of the Earth and the end of Mankind are two different things entirely. Once Mankind perishes, unless we were "Seeded" somewhere else in the Universe then that's it, game over!

The earth can, and will survive most disasters that befall it. It has had to do this many times in the past. It is the Earth that abides, NOT mankind.

Who knows, once ouir little pestilence has departed her sapphire grace, a new form of life might rise from the ashes. One hopes it makes a better fist of the very good deal that this planet offers than we did!!! :)

But all this ...... is merely ...... speculation.

(Nostradamus never ruled, but was often poorly translated!)

joxville
25-Oct-10, 23:08
At least we Brits will know what to blame our poor Olympics performance on that year. :)

Phill
25-Oct-10, 23:54
In these matters there is only one oracle to which we refer, David Icke.

And a linky from his site is this cobblers. (http://www.calleman.com/content/articles/999_and_the_mayan_calendar.htm)

I gave up after a few lines, far to many numbers and dates to get me head around.
As long as I can remember wifeys birthday and that anniversary thing all other dates are irrelevant.

billmoseley
01-Nov-10, 15:48
we,er all doomed mr mannering:lol: