PDA

View Full Version : Transporting a Car

souperman
24-Oct-10, 22:58
Does anyone know if someone would transport a car from anywhere in UK to Caithness, and at what cost, my son is searching for his first car but the vast majority of ones available are south of the border, thanks in advance for suggestions.

theone
24-Oct-10, 23:01
I looked into this a couple of years ago and was getting quotes between £1 and £1.50 a mile.

young_fishin_neep
24-Oct-10, 23:01
try contacting viking motors

07769 713 664

x

nes
25-Oct-10, 01:05
I have usedd shiply a couple of times, you post a bid offer with the details and companies will bid for the job, some will bid to drive it up others on a transporter
http://www.shiply.com/

Phill
25-Oct-10, 08:39
I had to move a chassis a few months back, I ended up hiring a trailer and going and getting it myself.

The trailer was a car transporter trailer which was about £100 ish IIRC to hire for a couple of days.

Factor in a couple of tanks of fuel and a B&B for a night and this was the best option.

Tugmistress
25-Oct-10, 09:51
try contacting viking motors

07769 713 664

x

nearly neep :)
07769 731 664

Paul_and_Anna
25-Oct-10, 13:59
Does anyone know if someone would transport a car from anywhere in UK to Caithness, and at what cost, my son is searching for his first car but the vast majority of ones available are south of the border, thanks in advance for suggestions.

Some UK traders now operate a delivery service. I expect "Auto Trader" would be the place to look. :)

over-the-ord
25-Oct-10, 22:03
just got some quotes in from halkirk to inverness the cheapest was £180 for my car, would be cheaper flying to a nearest airport and driving it home! my last buy was from 60 miles south of bristol, my husband flew down to bristol from inverness for £40 and the sellers picked him up from the airport! long drive home for him ..... :roll:

ducati
25-Oct-10, 23:18
just got some quotes in from halkirk to inverness the cheapest was £180 for my car, would be cheaper flying to a nearest airport and driving it home! my last buy was from 60 miles south of bristol, my husband flew down to bristol from inverness for £40 and the sellers picked him up from the airport! long drive home for him ..... :roll:

It makes sense if you have the time, there is nothing like a 600 mile up hill drive to activate a warranty :lol:

Tugmistress
26-Oct-10, 07:13

Ouch! that's expensive!
as Neep said earlier, try giving us a call ;)

bridgeend
26-Oct-10, 09:34
Try ALP Turriff 01888 544303 or Jim Lawson in Reay.
Both very good companies to transport cars or vans.
ALP are in england/Wales every week.
Both Companies have the proper lorries to do this type of work and are fully insured.

Kirdon
27-Oct-10, 22:24
Try Richards garage in wick they take cars up the road on nearly a weely basis, maybe they could squeze yours in. Or you could try Andrew there and he could maybe get you a car and deliver it.

Kodiak
27-Oct-10, 23:03
Simply put.......Go for a Local company and that way you will know who you are dealing with.

So I would suggest you contact Viking Motors on :-

07769 731664 or 07810862486.

you can also find them at :-

Unit 7/4c
Ormlie Industrial Estate
Thurso

You cant get more local than that and my Son has nothing but praise for them.

souperman
28-Oct-10, 10:01
Thanks to all suggestions, much appreciated, have an offer from Shiply for £165inc vat.