PDA

View Full Version : Chinnese Takeaway

gerry4
24-Oct-10, 11:00
Which is the best in Wick. Not long moved into the area.

It is strange that their menu's are almost identical, even down to the Mongolian Beef which I have never seen before and I have lived in a number of areas in the UK. They are not all owned by the same person?

golach
24-Oct-10, 11:23
Which is the best in Wick. Not long moved into the area.

It is strange that their menu's are almost identical, even down to the Mongolian Beef which I have never seen before and I have lived in a number of areas in the UK. They are not all owned by the same person?

You can get plenty Mongolia Beef in this place

http://www.khublaikhan.co.uk/edinburgh_restaurant_khublai_khans.html

gerry4
24-Oct-10, 12:11
You can get plenty Mongolia Beef in this place

http://www.khublaikhan.co.uk/edinburgh_restaurant_khublai_khans.html
what i was meaning is that every single takeaway in Wick has it. Go to say leicester and you will find virtually none have it. ALso Khublai Khan sounds like a Mongolian restuarant, not Chinese or SE asia. Also only using it as an example of how similar the menus are.
Anyway my main question is Which is the best Takeaway?

espadartecars
24-Oct-10, 12:58
Hi my favourite is the one down by the camps bar,its the one that is the resteraunt too and can highly recommend the mongolia beef,yummy.Sorry i cannot remember the name of the place.:)

twinkle
24-Oct-10, 21:20
I always thought the best chinese in Wick was the one in Dempster Street. Raymond Chef (next to the camps) is also good. :D

bod1403
24-Oct-10, 21:43
We always use Lucky 888 by main post office. Had Chinese tonight.....yummy!!!!!!!!!

Scout
25-Oct-10, 08:09
Why not try New Oriental Chinese Take away 105 high street. You get good food there. Owners are really friendly. It is only take away not sit down. Have a try I am sure you be pleased you did

gerry4
25-Oct-10, 12:59
Thanks for the advice. Tried Raymond once and the wife refuses to have Chinese takeaway again.
Went to Lucky 888 last night and it was not too bad except for the BBQ Chilli ribs. Cut up into little pieces.
Will try the New Oriental next time the wife is away.

Is the one in Castletown the best in the area?

Scarybiscuits03
25-Oct-10, 13:06
Thanks for the advice. Tried Raymond once and the wife refuses to have Chinese takeaway again.
Went to Lucky 888 last night and it was not too bad except for the BBQ Chilli ribs. Cut up into little pieces.
Will try the New Oriental next time the wife is away.

Is the one in Castletown the best in the area?

The one in castletown is good for certain things - their gravy is yummy and I prefer their ribs to others but they can't make noodles/chow mein. Everything else is pretty good though