PDA

View Full Version : Curry King - best pizza ever!

caithnessmw
24-Oct-10, 11:00
I had a pizza out of the new Curry King on Traill Street, Thurso. I used to go to the Curry King in Wick, Bridge Street.

I had a CK Special Pizza. It was brilliant! ;)

Compared to the pizza's i used to get from Shelina Spice, Ormlie, Thurso which were terrible, soggy dough in the base and most of the pizza's I ordered were not what I ordered. I remember asking for a pepperoni supreme but I was given a onion and mushroom pizza with 2 measly bits of pepperoni on it. I will never go back to Shelina Spice, ever!

I recommend Curry King to anyone who loves a really good pizza. They make a 10", 12" or a 16" pizza. They aint making curry's yet as they had technical difficulties. If the Curry is as good as the pizza, I will be their most regular customer! :)

Menuhttp://forum.caithness.org/C:\Users\Marc\Pictures\Curry King, Traill St, Thurso.jpg

Scarybiscuits03
24-Oct-10, 15:25
What was the base like? Thin or thick, was it crunchy?
Do they use a tomato based sauce or is it the weird pink stuff that Indian places sometimes use on pizzas?
Is it like a proper pizza that you would expect from Domino's?

I do find it hard to get good pizza in Caithness!!!:lol:

rob1
25-Oct-10, 09:37

Oh how that made me laugh!

golach
25-Oct-10, 09:52

Domino's a proper pizza???? Obviously you have never seen or tasted a real pizza in Naples or in good Italian restaurants, Domino's are open topped pies in comparison

Scarybiscuits03
25-Oct-10, 11:47
Domino's a proper pizza???? Obviously you have never seen or tasted a real pizza in Naples or in good Italian restaurants, Domino's are open topped pies in comparison

I was just using Domino's as an example (I haven't actually tried them!).
What Im asking is whether it is a proper pizza or the Indian version which tends to be very heavy as they tend to use a heavy bread base and a weird sauce?

In all honesty the best pizza I've ever had was in Paphos! Seeing as I can't get one of them regularly, it would be nice if there was somewhere in town that made a decent one to save me from having to make them at home, from scratch.

loganbiffy
28-Oct-10, 13:21
I agree with the OP. They are really good pizzas.
They have a thin and crispy nan bread base. The CK Special is amazing. Chicken tikka, spicy chicken, pepperoni and donner meat. Plenty of topping unlike the measly bits you get at Shelina.

They are not heavy, doughy and undercooked. Lovely stuff.

Scarybiscuits03
28-Oct-10, 13:28
I agree with the OP. They are really good pizzas.
They have a thin and crispy nan bread base. The CK Special is amazing. Chicken tikka, spicy chicken, pepperoni and donner meat. Plenty of topping unlike the measly bits you get at Shelina.

They are not heavy, doughy and undercooked. Lovely stuff.

Sounds good - and thankyou for your helpful response ;)

caithnessmw
09-Nov-10, 03:59
posted by: SCARYBISCUITS03
What was the base like? Thin or thick, was it crunchy?
Do they use a tomato based sauce or is it the weird pink stuff that Indian places sometimes use on pizzas?

I do find it hard to get good pizza in Caithness!!!:lol:

CK Special is out of this world. The donner meat on the pizza is very tasty in the Curry King. Shelina Spice donner meat is dryed up, no use.

The base aint thin or thick, just in the middle which is perfect.

The tomato base in the Curry king is 'RED' same as tomato's!

Comparing Domino's to the Curry king, Domino's aint good as I tried Domino's last week and I noticed the staff in there were, well the one that served me was very spaced out, the others behind were tripping up behind him and I heard a complaint coming in over the phone, the wrong topping was delivered and the customer was not a happy person just going by the worried look on the Domino's worker who was aged about 18. My thoughts on Domino's staff friendlyness was poor, The pizza was bland and boring, it was a (lack of) 'pepperoni' passion with a side order of potato wedges. The wedges were obviously microwaved so my marks out of 10 for Domino's is 2/10. 2 was for the nice pizza box!

Gizmo
15-Nov-10, 21:27
The pizza i had last night from the Curry King was absolute garbage, it was limp and soggy, i took it back and told them i wasn't happy with it, and the replacement Pizza wasn't any better either.

Scarybiscuits03
21-Nov-10, 21:51
Had a pizza tonight from the Curry King Thurso - it was ok, not the best pizza Ive had but it was reasonable. Good range of toppings to choose from, I mistakenly went for chillis - my lips are still tingling! lol
Was very dissappointed to find that they dont do chicken kebabs - you can have chicken tikka on the pizzas but not in a pitta/naan, now what's that all about?????:confused