PDA

View Full Version : the original factory shop.

balto
23-Oct-10, 19:31
Well for those that were in it today what did you think of it, i was amazed that they had transformed the upstairs into a sales floor, in the days of woolies it was our stockroom, i myself just had a brief look as it was to busy and with the kids, one of whom is in a pram it was just to busy i will definatly be going back for a better look as for what i saw i was really impressed, but i think i will leave in unto payday.:lol:

katrina
23-Oct-10, 19:56
Did it open today? Thought it was supposed to be Tuesday?

balto
23-Oct-10, 19:58
think everyone did, mayby the offical opening will be tuesday, mayby they just thought they were ready so would take advantage of the weekend trade, it was great seeing so many people down that side of the town again.

coppertop 1958
23-Oct-10, 19:59
http://www.theoriginalfactoryshop.co.uk/

Ash
23-Oct-10, 20:00
I was in today and must admit it was really good, lots of good stuff and at good prices

katrina
23-Oct-10, 20:00
Does anyone know if it opens tomorrow and if it does what the times are?

unicorn
23-Oct-10, 20:20
I think 10 - 5 tomorrow, I got a lovely new bird feeder to keep the birdies happy.

Beat Bug
23-Oct-10, 23:23
I've had some great things from their shop in Sleaford Lincs. over the years Still use a dressing gown I got nearly 10 years ago!

Vistravi
23-Oct-10, 23:29
Its seemed all right though i spent most of the time trying to get the buggy around people and through small spaces. Will go back when the hype has died down so is stand a better chance to really see it all.

When i was upstairs i showed my son a teddy as he likes teddies. He took a instant shine to it and held tight to it when i tried to take it away. My partner and i decided to let him have it as he's never taken a strong liking for something before lol. My mum teased him by saying it was hers and cuddling it. He was not impressed! :lol: At least getting another is easy if it becomes a comforter for him!

AliciaMackinnon
23-Oct-10, 23:29
I braved it today with a pram!! I dont think it all that good!! I spent 70 quid and didnt realy get that much for it!!! O wells it mite be nice for a look in every now and again!

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-10, 20:50
i went today (childless way hay) and thought it was really good. Some bargains, some stuff just a tad over priced but hey...its still a shop filling a space that was looking awful being so bare!

I got a whole basket of stuff expecting to pay £40+ for it, only came to £21. Some good jackets in there for kids and adults at a decent price! Will be going back down there on pay day to get winter jackets!

Thumbs up to the staff too, they have done a great job setting the shop up!

John Little
24-Oct-10, 21:01
We have two of those locally down here. One of them is in the old Woolies in Tenterden.
They sell things that folk actually want - they should do well up there.

I kinda think Woolies lost the plot in the final years - they used to be empty.

AliciaMackinnon
24-Oct-10, 22:08
to be honest I miss woolies!!!!

Although the shop is okay!!

Its not got much baby stuff in it!