PDA

View Full Version : Found Pregnant Black & White cat with brown tail

Emeraldz
23-Oct-10, 16:27
Arrived home yesterday early afternoon to find a black and white cat with brown tail sitting at my kitchen window meowing away which i later discovered to be very pregnant, appears to be in good health other than being hunrgy and has a cut above its nose. It's extreamly friendly and affactionate so i can't believe it's a stray . It hasn't left outside the house since it arrived!

We only moved here around a month and half or so ago and already took on 2 young strays that were already here, plus we have our own house cat so if no one comes forward for this one i really don't know what to do as i can't afford to keep 4+ cats lol :)

Oh i'm Weydale area, please pm me or reply if this is your cat or you know who's it may be :)

Liz
23-Oct-10, 18:58
Have you contacted Caithness Cats Protection to see whether they can foster the cat?
In the meantime, could you maybe make a wee shelter out of something like a cardboard box?

Unfortunately, the fact that she is friendly doesn't mean she isn't a 'stray' or 'unwanted'.
My cat Molly arrived at my house whilst she was pregnant and no owner ever came forward.
Their loss is my gain though as she is lovely and a wonderful addition to our family.

balto
23-Oct-10, 19:35
Have you contacted Caithness Cats Protection to see whether they can foster the cat?
In the meantime, could you maybe make a wee shelter out of something like a cardboard box?

Unfortunately, the fact that she is friendly doesn't mean she isn't a 'stray' or 'unwanted'.
My cat Molly arrived at my house whilst she was pregnant and no owner ever came forward.
Their loss is my gain though as she is lovely and a wonderful addition to our family.how is molly liz i was just thinking about her the other day.

as for the poor pussy cat i hope she gets a home before her babies are born.

Liz
23-Oct-10, 19:42
how is molly liz i was just thinking about her the other day.

as for the poor pussy cat i hope she gets a home before her babies are born.

Molly is wonderful Balto!:D

She is really loving and I am soooooo glad I adopted her.

She is looking really good as she's put on weight and her coat is beautiful and shiny now.

balto
23-Oct-10, 20:15
Molly is wonderful Balto!:D

She is really loving and I am soooooo glad I adopted her.

She is looking really good as she's put on weight and her coat is beautiful and shiny now.
thats lovely, to see how they come on from when you first get them, to now, all the love and attention really pays a hugh part, i know the difference in teddy now, he is as his name says a big teddy, he is the most loving cat i think i know lol.http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3782/october10048.jpg

Liz
23-Oct-10, 22:59
Aw Teddy is living up to his name.:D

I do hope that the cat which has appeared at Emerladz' house does belong to someone and has just got lost but it really saddens me that there are a large number of cats which obviously had owners and, through no fault of their own, have become 'strays'.

I actually think that Molly was 'dumped' because she was pregnant and this may be the case with this poor cat as well.

Hopefully, CP will be able to help and at least she will have food, shelter and a safe place to have her babies.

Emeraldz
24-Oct-10, 15:30
This should be a pic of the cat?

http://yfrog.com/3tpuddycat1j

Have sent email to CP and will attempt to clear out small shed i have to let it in there but just hoping the other 2 cats don't use it as a toilet like they did the last time i forgot and left the door open! :)

bustergirl
24-Oct-10, 16:15
aw2w the cat is cute i bet she is glad she has somewhere warm to have her kittens and have food so she dosnt starve good on you for taking her in x

Sage
24-Oct-10, 17:06
dont suppose one of those strays was a tortie with a half black nose?
Ever hopeful for the return of our cat that went missing in April :(

Hope the owner of this one comes through for you :D

Liz
24-Oct-10, 18:20
This should be a pic of the cat?

http://yfrog.com/3tpuddycat1j

Have sent email to CP and will attempt to clear out small shed i have to let it in there but just hoping the other 2 cats don't use it as a toilet like they did the last time i forgot and left the door open! :)

Aw she is beautiful!

Really good of you to take care of mum and her unborn babies.:D

Liz
24-Oct-10, 18:21
dont suppose one of those strays was a tortie with a half black nose?
Ever hopeful for the return of our cat that went missing in April :(

Hope the owner of this one comes through for you :D

You're quite right to remain hopeful Sage. Cats are amazing animals and have been known to 'turn up' after a very long time away.

teenybash
24-Oct-10, 20:24
What a beautiful little lady and so very kind of you to care for her. Bless your heart.

Emeraldz
25-Oct-10, 11:39
Sorry Sage not your cat this time but hopfully yours will come home soon :) afraid the other 2 are black & white and a choc black which i believe were born up here to a stray that had then been re-homed or taken in by cp, not 100% sure. These 2 though are very feared of human contact and will sit while you feed them and stay round the house all day but you'd never manage to pick them up or anything yet, think there getting used to us slowly.

This new one though is very friendly wanting stroked and almost tries to jump up on you for cuddles lol She really wants in the house, keeps sitting at the windows to which ever room your in meowing away. Unfortunately i can't let her in as my indoor lad is a bit temperamental at times and goodness knows how he'd react to a stranger in his house so not worth the risk. :)

Sage
25-Oct-10, 13:19
Thanks for letting me know :D

I hope you find a home for her soon xx