PDA

View Full Version : Collie found on Causewaymire

mop top
23-Oct-10, 10:13
I have posted this on the general forum so more people will read it, please dont move to the pets corner.

A female black & white border collie was found on the causewaymire yesterday afternoon and handed into the council as a stray. May be a working dog that has wandered off and been picked up, she is quite timid but in good condition, she looks middle aged.

If you have lost, or know anyone in the area who may have lost one please get in touch. You can pm me or call Tec services on Monday morning the tel no is 01955 607737.

Thanks
Highland council dog warden.

ShelleyCowie
23-Oct-10, 13:07
Oh no! I hope the doggy is reunited with its owner...

Poor dog :(

unicorn
23-Oct-10, 18:56
bump up, I hope the owner is found soon.

teenybash
23-Oct-10, 20:20
A picture of the collie girl might help someone to recognize her.:)

buddy
25-Oct-10, 10:14
Hope the owner comes forward soon, she must be missed by now!:(

mop top
26-Oct-10, 16:20
Another collie female has turned up today and was found in the Calder/Halkirk area. Many thanks to the kind gentleman who found her yesterday afternoon and spent an hour trying to catch her as she was verytimid, and then spent the next several hours driving round all the local farms in the area trying to find her owners, he has also put up posters in the Halkirk shop. There are some very nice people in this world so thank you for going the extra mile:Razz He kept her overnight and contacted the council today to have her picked up, think he would have liked to have kept her but his wife said no lol.

i am on holidays this week but did pop into the kennels to meet her today. She is a young dog aprox 1yr or less, and very pretty, black and white with a wee hint of tan on her legs and ears, which by the way are very striking very pricked but with one that droops slightly at the tip giving her a comical expression. If you or someone you know has lost this dog please tell them to get in touch with the council on 01955 607737, or pm me.

cheers anne

Highland council dog warden

ShelleyCowie
26-Oct-10, 19:46
Another collie female has turned up today and was found in the Calder/Halkirk area. Many thanks to the kind gentleman who found her yesterday afternoon and spent an hour trying to catch her as she was verytimid, and then spent the next several hours driving round all the local farms in the area trying to find her owners, he has also put up posters in the Halkirk shop. There are some very nice people in this world so thank you for going the extra mile:Razz He kept her overnight and contacted the council today to have her picked up, think he would have liked to have kept her but his wife said no lol.

i am on holidays this week but did pop into the kennels to meet her today. She is a young dog aprox 1yr or less, and very pretty, black and white with a wee hint of tan on her legs and ears, which by the way are very striking very pricked but with one that droops slightly at the tip giving her a comical expression. If you or someone you know has lost this dog please tell them to get in touch with the council on 01955 607737, or pm me.

cheers anne

Highland council dog warden

Aww poor thing! She sounds gorgeous too! Someone must be missing her!! If she needs a home gimme a shout and i will try and twist the hubbys arm!!! [lol]

mop top
21-Nov-10, 11:19
HI

Just an update to let everyone know that both these dogs have now found loving forever homes. No owner came forward to claim either of these dogs so looks as if they were both dumped[evil]

How anyone could just drive away and leave a dog to fend for itself is beyond me. How i feel about people like this would get me banned so not going to say anymore!

teenybash
21-Nov-10, 13:53
This is such wonderful news...sadly all too often beautiful dogs are being dumped. But lovely to hear these lovelies have now found their forever homes......Well done Moptop and all your mopettes for helping:D

Liz
21-Nov-10, 14:11
Sad news that these poor dogs were dumped but good news that they have found homes where they will be loved.
Oh I know I would call the callous people who did this lots of sweary words as well!!!!

Ha ha Teenybash I love 'Mopettes'!:lol: Mop top and the Mopettes sounds like a group. x

dollycat
21-Nov-10, 16:45
Mop Top you are these dogs second chance, thosexxxxxxx that abandoned those collies have no hearts but now they will know human warmth and love.
You do a wonderful job:)

mop top
21-Nov-10, 20:12
Teenybash love the name mop top and the mopettes not sure what the rest of KWK9 will make of it, but made me laugh.:lol: Thanks

Dollycat its people like you and Teenybash who adopt these poor needy dogs and open their homes and hearts that deserve the praise, we just help them on their way and the reward is hearing how loved and appreciated they are when they have settled into family life x

carasmam
22-Nov-10, 02:56
:lol: at the Mopettes. I've been called a lot worse [lol]

Thank goodness for all the dog lovers out there in Caithness and beyond.