PDA

View Full Version : Glebite

Gleber2
31-Jul-06, 21:22
Say something Glebite, Your people need you!!!!!!

codex
31-Jul-06, 21:30
Erm mince n tatties and mouldy rich tea biscuits

Ricco
31-Jul-06, 21:46
Glebite. Hmm, sounds like some kind of mineral from Northern Canada, or maybe the Ukraine Stepps. :Razz

golach
31-Jul-06, 21:47
Glebite. Hmm, sounds like some kind of mineral from Northern Canada, or maybe the Ukraine Stepps. :Razz
I thought it was from the Planet Krypton :lol:

Ricco
31-Jul-06, 21:51
I thought it was from the Planet Krypton :lol:

No, no - that would be Kryptonite. But perhaps you mean from planet Gleebon?

Chobbersjnr
31-Jul-06, 22:09
No, no - that would be Kryptonite. But perhaps you mean from planet Gleebon?

the planet gleebon would be the unknown sister planet of kryptonite

Ricco
31-Jul-06, 22:17
Actually, I have just checked on Gargle. A Gleebite is a large insect with a pneumatic drill for biting with. It is a rare visitor to Earth but does inflict enormous pain when it bites. Only known deterent is to have a strategically placed pie at hand.

Chobbersjnr
31-Jul-06, 22:19
Actually, I have just checked on Gargle. A Gleebite is a large insect with a pneumatic drill for biting with. It is a rare visitor to Earth but does inflict enormous pain when it bites. Only known deterent is to have a strategically placed pie at hand.

well waddaya know, do they attack in armies or as a single thing, recruits will have to be drafted if they attack in army format

Gleber2
31-Jul-06, 22:24
well waddaya know, do they attack in armies or as a single thing, recruits will have to be drafted if they attack in army format

This thread has been hijacked. I will call in the org police and they will unleash the elephants which have been asleep and dreaming of this moment for the last three hundred years.

Glebite, don't be put off by these hijackers, there are some of the true blood waiting to greet you.

Ricco
31-Jul-06, 22:25
no, they just drop in singly. Can be easily recognised by their green horney things. ;)

Gleber2
31-Jul-06, 22:26

Would this indicate that ye too are from the hallowed land?

Ricco
31-Jul-06, 22:41
This thread has been hijacked. I will call in the org police and they will unleash the elephants which have been asleep and dreaming of this moment for the last three hundred years.

Glebite, don't be put off by these hijackers, there are some of the true blood waiting to greet you.

Sorry, Gleber2. Couln't resist it. Great fun. :Razz

canuck
01-Aug-06, 01:07
Say something Glebite, Your people need you!!!!!!

G2 I think that he posted that he was going on holidays.

pedromcgrory
01-Aug-06, 01:57
i bunch of friggers clobbers u should know as ur dad was brought up in glebe lol

pedromcgrory
01-Aug-06, 01:59
and codex u were in glebe too i rember lol untill u had to move

Chobbersjnr
01-Aug-06, 02:23
i bunch of friggers clobbers u should know as ur dad was brought up in glebe lol

who you callin' clobbers lmao

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 02:52
G2 I think that he posted that he was going on holidays.

That's Gleeber, this is a new one called Glebite who is still at the lurking stage.

codex
01-Aug-06, 11:16
Would this indicate that ye too are from the hallowed land?

sure thing john...i spent 2 miserable months in thee hallowed land...i was kicked out of Clan glebite for treason.

After my transgression, I fled into the woods to escape a face-to-face encounter with the glebites But the lord went in search of me, like the Good Shepherd, intending to bring me to a better state of mind :D

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 13:01
sure thing john...i spent 2 miserable months in thee hallowed land...i was kicked out of Clan glebite for treason.

After my transgression, I fled into the woods to escape a face-to-face encounter with the glebites But the lord went in search of me, like the Good Shepherd, intending to bring me to a better state of mind :D

Two months was a short sentence. Your sins must have been great to get ejected. I spent 14 years there but things changed around 1957 and an era came to an end. One wonders who you are and when you lived there.

codex
01-Aug-06, 14:40
Two months was a short sentence. Your sins must have been great to get ejected. I spent 14 years there but things changed around 1957 and an era came to an end. One wonders who you are and when you lived there.
Im the second son of a phoenix ;) an lived there during the last 2 summer months of the millennium

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 15:23
Im the second son of a phoenix ;) an lived there during the last 2 summer months of the millennium

Johnny Come lately, that's what you are. Good pedigree though, n'est ce pas.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 17:33
As I quote from one o' ma favourite films 'The Warriors',I can see where oor Gleber 2 is coming from in this thread

"Glebite stop yir lurkin' and come out to play-ay-ay!!!!!!!!!!" :lol: :lol:

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 17:35
As I quote from one o' ma favourite films 'The Warriors',I can see where oor Gleber 2 is coming from in this thread

"Glebite stop yir lurkin' and come out to play-ay-ay!!!!!!!!!!" :lol: :lol:

As usual, you got it. Chings yer clever!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 17:39
As usual, you got it. Chings yer clever!!!

Why,thank ye!!!!:lol: :lol: Me clever and aw!!!!!

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 18:10
Why,thank ye!!!!:lol: :lol: Me clever and aw!!!!!

Facilitate ma Robert, yer so humble. Broons lived in Glebe Street, Ken?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:15
Facilitate ma Robert, yer so humble. Broons lived in Glebe Street, Ken?

Gleber 2 are you taking the preverbial out of my Caithness Org. accent.Good!!!!:lol: This Robert,you mention is this the fat friend of our friend called William from Auchenshoogle!!:lol:

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 18:21
Gleber 2 are you taking the preverbial out of my Caithness Org. accent.Good!!!!:lol: This Robert,you mention is this the fat friend of our friend called William from Auchenshoogle!!:lol:

Help ma boab ya gowk. Only Maggie Broon said "Facilitate my Roberto" when she wis impressing her latest click. Ken?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:37
Help ma boab ya gowk. Only Maggie Broon said "Facilitate my Roberto" when she wis impressing her latest click. Ken?

MAGGIE BROON.The ideal woman,excuse me a minute,sapphire if ye are reading this post,Angelina Jolie is a babe,BUT Maggie Broon is sexier.Ken H.Harrison drew her so NICE!!!!Peter Davidson draws her like the olden days of Dudley D Watkins,a wee Glasgae wifie!!!Bring back Ken,ye ken!!!!!:lol: :lol:

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 18:44
MAGGIE BROON.The ideal woman,excuse me a minute,sapphire if ye are reading this post,Angelina Jolie is a babe,BUT Maggie Broon is sexier.Ken H.Harrison drew her so NICE!!!!Peter Davidson draws her like the olden days of Dudley D Watkins,a wee Glasgae wifie!!!Bring back Ken,ye ken!!!!!:lol: :lol:

Actually 'now that I remember, it was Daphne who said it. A wifie in Germany is doing a PHD in the language o' the Broons and OOr Wullie. Whit next? Heidlberg University no less.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 18:53
Actually 'now that I remember, it was Daphne who said it. A wifie in Germany is doing a PHD in the language o' the Broons and OOr Wullie. Whit next? Heidlberg University no less.

Read aboot this too!!!She said she has learned a lot about Scottish culture through the annuals and the Sunday Post.Mince and Tatties,the works.

Did she no get the humour.Viz the comic did a crackin sketch o' the Broons a few years back,The bairn goes into Glebe Street tellin' the family that Granpaw had took fright,they all went to his hoose,to find oot he was in the toilet takin' a ...........Think I'll leave it there Gleber 2!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

sapphire
01-Aug-06, 19:03
MAGGIE BROON.The ideal woman,excuse me a minute,sapphire if ye are reading this post,Angelina Jolie is a babe,BUT Maggie Broon is sexier.Ken H.Harrison drew her so NICE!!!!Peter Davidson draws her like the olden days of Dudley D Watkins,a wee Glasgae wifie!!!Bring back Ken,ye ken!!!!!

Cedric , you men are so fickle. One minute Angelina, next Maggie Broon.Bet you have a few more hidden up your sleeve, or wherever it is you keep them! lol :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 19:09
Cedric , you men are so fickle. One minute Angelina, next Maggie Broon.Bet you have a few more hidden up your sleeve, or wherever it is you keep them! lol :lol:

"To all the girls I've loved before,I dedicate this memory...."....better stop obiron has just took her rolling pin oot....:lol:

pultneytooner
01-Aug-06, 19:10
Cedric , you men are so fickle. One minute Angelina, next Maggie Broon.Bet you have a few more hidden up your sleeve, or wherever it is you keep them! lol Weeeeeeel, what aboot penelope pitstop, Mmmmm...Mmmmmmmm[lol]

http://www.comedy-zone.net/images/people/cartoonists/penelope-pitstop.jpg

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 19:13
Weeeeeeel, what aboot penelope pitstop, Mmmmm...Mmmmmmmm[lol]

Now yer talkin pultneytooner!!!mmmm mmmmm!!!.Penelope Pitstop....BUT....Lady Penelope fae Thunderbirds..........pity her actin' was wooden!!!!!!

P.s wisnae lookin at her actin'

P.p.s sapphire I was only 5 wi' ma crush.Only 21 now!!!!:lol:

sapphire
01-Aug-06, 19:15
"To all the girls I've loved before,I dedicate this memory...."....better stop obiron has just took her rolling pin oot....:lol:
Cedric please pass this on............
Obiron , just let me know when you've worn your rolling pin out....I'll let you borrow mine....it's got lots of life left in it!!! :)

DrSzin
01-Aug-06, 19:15
It's all explained at Glebe Spa (http://www.glebespa.com/packages.html):

THE GLEBITE
$150/2½ hrs
High Performance Facial & Pedicure. The pampering experience for all-round relaxation. Let yourself be immersed in a world of absolute comfort when you choose the high performance facial that best suits your needs from firming/lifting, oxygen or balancing.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 19:20
It's all explained at Glebe Spa (http://www.glebespa.com/packages.html):

THE GLEBITE
$150/2½ hrs
High Performance Facial & Pedicure. The pampering experience for all-round relaxation. Let yourself be immersed in a world of absolute comfort when you choose the high performance facial that best suits your needs from firming/lifting, oxygen or balancing.

Dr Szin,Is that an advert for a call girl oot the Glasgow Herald!!!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 19:24
Cedric please pass this on............
Obiron , just let me know when you've worn your rolling pin out....I'll let you borrow mine....it's got lots of life left in it!!! :)

Sapphire was to say to you from obiron that her rolling pin has still got a few miles in it but she'll give ye a call if she needs a new one!!!!

Cedric says"no comment":lol:

scotsboy
01-Aug-06, 19:28
What do you consider as the territory of the Glebe - Holborn Ave, Smith Terrace and Bayview Terrace.......or jist the Gazza Strip itself?

DrSzin
01-Aug-06, 19:35
Dr Szin,Is that an advert for a call girl oot the Glasgow Herald!!!!!Nope, she seems to work outta Ottawa (http://www.glebespa.com/main.html) nowadays: a Public Servant with the Department of National Defence, no less. :confused

And here's another Glebite (http://www.thehammer.ca/content/view.php?news=2001-06-29-the-glebite). It seems to be Canuckadian thing. But this guy doesn't have me fooled: look at his pic - it's obviously Norris fae Corrie doing a bit of moonlighting. Does Rita know?

What do you consider as the territory of the Glebe - Holborn Ave, Smith Terrace and Bayview Terrace.......or jist the Gazza Strip itself?I'm told it starts 'at Maw & Paw's hoose at 10 Glebe Street and stretches all 'e way till Dunnet Heid...

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Aug-06, 19:41
Nope, she seems to work outta Ottawa (http://www.glebespa.com/main.html) nowadays: a Public Servant with the Department of National Defence, no less. :confused

And here's another Glebite (http://www.thehammer.ca/content/view.php?news=2001-06-29-the-glebite). It seems to be Canuckadian thing. But this guy doesn't have me fooled: look at his pic - it's obviously Norris fae Corrie doing a bit of moonlighting. Does Rita know?

I'm told it starts 'at Maw & Paw's hoose at 10 Glebe Street and stretches all 'e way till Dunnet Heid...

My apologies never went into the link.Learn more aboot folk on this site through their own words.Don't laugh at me cos' I'm a fool....Norman Wisdom:lol:

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 20:01
What do you consider as the territory of the Glebe - Holborn Ave, Smith Terrace and Bayview Terrace.......or jist the Gazza Strip itself?

I'll choose to ignore the good Doctor because we were taught in the Glebe to distrust everybidy in authority.

The Glebe consists of Smith Terrace, Holborn Avenue and parts of Bay view terrace, although they are debatable. Some of Bay view came later than the rest.
Having lived in no9 Holborn Ave I always felt that the Broons were next door.
Always felt close to Horace while a Gleber.
The Glebe was certainly a D.C.Thomson reality which didn't change until the Atomics came when we were dragged, kicking and screaming,the 20th century.

DrSzin
01-Aug-06, 20:33
I'll choose to ignore the good Doctor ...That's often a good choice...

...because we were taught in the Glebe to distrust everybidy in authority.Now there's a sound piece of advice. I just hope you're not insinuating that I'm in authority in some way. Heaven forbid. :eek:

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 20:35
That's often a good choice...

Now there's a sound piece of advice. I just hope you're not insinuating that I'm in authority in some way. Heaven forbid. :eek:

Dr's were not people but ye had to do what they told you.

phoenix
01-Aug-06, 21:02
Im fascinated with all this talk of the Glebe thats going on here, am I right in thinking that the Glebe was actually Churchlands once upon a time, consecretated ground so to speak..........I really am beginning to wonder what actually happened there or went on there, certainly seems to have left some sort of legacy behind! :roll:

canuck
01-Aug-06, 21:18
Yes, phoenix, the Glebe would have been Churchlands. Even I have a glebe entitlement. And what goes on there? Well, maybe I'll save that for another time.

Thanks DrSzin for tracking down the Canadian connection. And congrats on your 1K status. Sorry I missed your ascendancy.

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 21:40
Im fascinated with all this talk of the Glebe thats going on here, am I right in thinking that the Glebe was actually Churchlands once upon a time, consecretated ground so to speak..........I really am beginning to wonder what actually happened there or went on there, certainly seems to have left some sort of legacy behind! :roll:

Cardosi's old house beside Pentland Lodge was a manse and the Glebe was the land around it. Not consecrated.

canuck
01-Aug-06, 21:50
Cardosi's old house beside Pentland Lodge was a manse and the Glebe was the land around it. Not consecrated.

I challenge you on that Defender of the Glebe. Churchyards are consecrated with the words "I dedicate this ground to the glory of God, to be set apart from common uses,..." Now when the area became a housing development I am sure that the dedication was removed, but maybe it was overlooked.

phoenix
01-Aug-06, 22:05
How far back does the Glebe Churchlands go? With regards to consecration am I correct in thinking that even though the dedication was removed the memory of what went on at that "time" may still linger on to this day?

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 22:13
I challenge you on that Defender of the Glebe. Churchyards are consecrated with the words "I dedicate this ground to the glory of God, to be set apart from common uses,..." Now when the area became a housing development I am sure that the dedication was removed, but maybe it was overlooked.This was not land attached to a church but to the Manse. It was never a churchyard as long as there has been christians but what it might have been in the days before????????

phoenix
01-Aug-06, 22:21
This was not land attached to a church but to the Manse. It was never a churchyard as long as there has been christians but what it might have been in the days before????????

Does no-one know the history of that area or how far back it goes? Something went on there.

pultneytooner
01-Aug-06, 22:23
Does no-one know the history of that area or how far back it goes? Something went on there. Was that something, evil perhaps?????:eek:

phoenix
01-Aug-06, 22:29
Was that something, evil perhaps?????:eek:

Possibly.........why do you know something pultneytooner? :eek:

pultneytooner
01-Aug-06, 22:30
Possibly.........why do you know something pultneytooner? :eek:
No but I am intrigued.;)

phoenix
01-Aug-06, 22:37
No but I am intrigued.;)

Me to! C'mon all you Glebers think of how you all felt there, what went on there what was life like there.......how did people behave there, cant be that difficult or is it?

Gleber2
01-Aug-06, 22:49
Me to! C'mon all you Glebers think of how you all felt there, what went on there what was life like there.......how did people behave there, cant be that difficult or is it?

I was born there and lived there for the first 14 years of my life and I cannot really describe what it felt like. Suffice to say that I have never, in all my travels, come across another place like it.It felt like a place apart and a people apart but I suppose every one feels like that about their home turf.
I will think further on this.

canuck
01-Aug-06, 23:00
This was not land attached to a church but to the Manse. It was never a churchyard as long as there has been christians but what it might have been in the days before????????

The manse and its land is considered church property. It is dedicated too.

codex
01-Aug-06, 23:57
Mummy you should of just asked me...lmao....you know i only spent 2 months there but it was the worst 2 months of my life :( ...people were well behaved, well respected, but living there could only be set in comparison to the occupants of the 80s, meaning the very last few houses of a pilot's row.

Sporran
02-Aug-06, 07:53
When was the Glebe built in Thurso? I'm sure Gleber2 must know....

Gleber2
02-Aug-06, 09:58
When was the Glebe built in Thurso? I'm sure Gleber2 must know....

Round about 1938 I believe but I am not sure.

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
02-Aug-06, 10:33
Round about 1938 I believe but I am not sure. Sorry Gleber2,had the wife dig through the paper work I was born 11/3/1937 in 42 Holborn Ave so it must have been before that unless Mum had me in the yard? I thought it was holy ground because all the kids were little Angels http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

Gleber2
02-Aug-06, 12:39
Sorry Gleber2,had the wife dig through the paper work I was born 11/3/1937 in 42 Holborn Ave so it must have been before that unless Mum had me in the yard? I thought it was holy ground because all the kids were little Angels http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

This ex-little angel won't argue with you. I guessed at the year but indeed suspected it was built earlier.