PDA

View Full Version : Puppy update:

Commore
22-Oct-10, 12:25
Think! before you adopt a puppy.

Our puppies are a cross between a Golden Retriever dog and a Collie x, Golden Retriever bitch,

they are without doubt "little crackers" and had we a choice we would not be seeking "forever homes for them", as it is, we cannot keep them, simply, we have a fair few dogs ourselves, many of whom are old and require special care.

the puppies are now one month old, they are paper trained, on solid food and the twin grandfathers are their favourite play area and rest area,
they are now among the bigger dogs all the time unless they choose to lie in a quieter corner.

they are aware of the cat, and know cats don't play with puppy dogs.
As we have no children, these puppies as of yet, don't know children.

These puppies are FREE to good homes only,
and until such time as we find a suitable forever home for each puppy, the puppy will remain with us.

If you think you could offer one if these puppies a forever home,
there are conditions attached, and may we suggest that you read this first;
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_adoption_information/what_to_consider_before_adopting_a_pet.html
Further conditions apply and homechecks will be carried out prior to the puppy being rehomed.

If you still think you might be in position to offer one of these puppies that special forever home, then please feel free to PM, us.

chaz
24-Oct-10, 09:17
Excellent post commore:)

ps, i can lend you my 6 year old daughter for child introduction to the puppies :) xx

Commore
24-Oct-10, 11:06
Excellent post commore:)

ps, i can lend you my 6 year old daughter for child introduction to the puppies :) xx

No problem Chaz, just send her along :)

Sarah
24-Oct-10, 18:18
Just curious, you said they were Rough Collie crosses on your other thread, but Collie crosses on this thread, which is is?

Do you have a photo of the parents?

Commore
24-Oct-10, 18:23
Just curious, you said they were Rough Collie crosses on your other thread, but Collie crosses on this thread, which is is?

Do you have a photo of the parents?

Hi Sarah, "Mum" is a second cross "sheepdog" not border, more like a rough Coliie & Golden Retriever,
"Dad" is a Golden Retriever,
Pictures on our website,
I will pm you a link.
:) sorry for the confusion.

KCI
24-Oct-10, 19:12
I would love to have one, but have my hands full with 2 kids at the moment!

But I would like to say, good for you! It's not often that you see a post like this, obviously written by someone determined to make sure their puppies will be OK. Giving information and a home check first is the responsible thing to do, and if more people did this, maybe we wouldn't read so many posts about people rehoming animals.

Once again, Good for you, and hope your puppies find lovely homes - I'm sure they will. :D

Commore
24-Oct-10, 19:54
I would love to have one, but have my hands full with 2 kids at the moment!

But I would like to say, good for you! It's not often that you see a post like this, obviously written by someone determined to make sure their puppies will be OK. Giving information and a home check first is the responsible thing to do, and if more people did this, maybe we wouldn't read so many posts about people rehoming animals.

Once again, Good for you, and hope your puppies find lovely homes - I'm sure they will. :D

Thank you KCI, your comments are very much appreciated.
:)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Oct-10, 20:17
yup i'd say they sound a nice cross- but with a welsh x border collie and a jack russell and a 2nd jack russell on holiday with us at the moment i'd get shot if I suggested another dog....haha :-)

Hope you find great homes for them.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/MAFGERS/DSC03260.jpg

porshiepoo
24-Oct-10, 20:53

Our puppies are a cross between a Golden Retriever dog and a Collie x, Golden Retriever bitch,

they are without doubt "little crackers" and had we a choice we would not be seeking "forever homes for them", as it is, we cannot keep them, simply, we have a fair few dogs ourselves, many of whom are old and require special care.

the puppies are now one month old, they are paper trained, on solid food and the twin grandfathers are their favourite play area and rest area,
they are now among the bigger dogs all the time unless they choose to lie in a quieter corner.

and until such time as we find a suitable forever home for each puppy, the puppy will remain with us.

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_adoption_information/what_to_consider_before_adopting_a_pet.html
Further conditions apply and homechecks will be carried out prior to the puppy being rehomed.

If you still think you might be in position to offer one of these puppies that special forever home, then please feel free to PM, us.

Well done you.

It's so refreshing to see someone with cross breed puppies doing what is in the best interest of the puppies instead of giving them some stupid 'designer' name and selling them for top dollar.

What you are doing is, in my humble opinion, responsible pet ownership.

Not quite ready to add another larger breed to the pack just yet but I'd love to see some piccies. Could you pm me your website link?

Good luck with finding forever homes.

Sarah
24-Oct-10, 21:51
Thanks, got a friend here who has been thinking about a friend for her collie so might be interested. Any dog that ends up in her house will be spoilt rotten :p

I'll pass your website on.

Commore
25-Oct-10, 10:55
Thanks, got a friend here who has been thinking about a friend for her collie so might be interested. Any dog that ends up in her house will be spoilt rotten :p

I'll pass your website on.

Thank you Sarah and once again, greatly appreciated. :)

Commore
03-Nov-10, 21:30

Any one out there willing to make a serious offer
of a forever home?
no timewasters please.

Sarah
04-Nov-10, 18:08
How old are they now? Sadly my friend only wants a health tested pup too, otherwise she would have jumped at the chance.

Are the parents going to be spayed/neutered after this, seeing as you are struggling to find homes for them? It must be quite costly keeping so many puppies!

chaz
04-Nov-10, 18:25
How old are they now? Sadly my friend only wants a health tested pup too, otherwise she would have jumped at the chance.

Are the parents going to be spayed/neutered after this, seeing as you are struggling to find homes for them? It must be quite costly keeping so many puppies!

I think commore is acting in a very responsible manner, and the cost of feed or the question of are they going to be neutered/spayed or not is nothing to do with anyone else but commore.
These pups are not just being handed out asap like many others.

lindsaymcc
04-Nov-10, 18:53
I think you are totally right. I am visiting tomorrow with the view to home one of the puppies, and they are not letting them go lightly, which is something I find very attractive in someone rehoming animals.

I cannot abide sellers of animals that want to make a quick buck with no concern for the animals welfare. Commore is being very ruthless and also requesting people offering to rehome, act responsibly in getting the animals vaccinated/chipped and also to keep in touch to keep them up to date with the progress of the puppies.

Cant wait to meet Commore and the puppies tomorrow - just hoping my 3yr old takes to them otherwise I will be gutted not to be able to rehome one!

I think commore is acting in a very responsible manner, and the cost of feed or the question of are they going to be neutered/spayed or not is nothing to do with anyone else but commore.

Commore
04-Nov-10, 19:53

Hi Sarah,
Thank you, you tried, it is appreciated.

They are five weeks old, on solid food and starting to toilet outside and on the whole are doing extremely well.

Re regarding spaying the parents, admittedly I am thinking about it, however, no decision has been made yet, as for cost, yes it's costly but aren't they just worth it all?
I think so,

the only reason we are not keeping these puppies is the fact we have four elderly dogs currently requiring and receiving nursing care.

Commore
04-Nov-10, 19:55

Thank you Chaz, well said and much appreciated :) L.

Commore
04-Nov-10, 19:57
I think you are totally right. I am visiting tomorrow with the view to home one of the puppies, and they are not letting them go lightly, which is something I find very attractive in someone rehoming animals.

I cannot abide sellers of animals that want to make a quick buck with no concern for the animals welfare. Commore is being very ruthless and also requesting people offering to rehome, act responsibly in getting the animals vaccinated/chipped and also to keep in touch to keep them up to date with the progress of the puppies.

Cant wait to meet Commore and the puppies tomorrow - just hoping my 3yr old takes to them otherwise I will be gutted not to be able to rehome one!

I am sure your 3 year old will be just fine, :) L.

lindsaymcc
04-Nov-10, 20:36
I am sure your 3 year old will be just fine, :) L.

I do hope you are right!

Commore
05-Nov-10, 09:52

that statement has been bugging me all night, Sarah.

I thought therefore, so that there is no doubt in the minds of others,
to put matters right,
I am not struggling to find homes for these puppies,
I am not even struggling to find the right homes for them.

And I have made the decision not to spay / nueter their parents,

And I object to the condescending attitude you appear to taken with regard to what is essentially my business.

I trust that I have made my position clear?

lindsaymcc
05-Nov-10, 12:58
Hi Commore,

Just wanted to say thank you to you and your husband today for the very welcoming and helpful arrival at the croft! The puppies, and parents alike, are all absolutely gorgeous and we are very thankful to you for accepting us as a forever home for Muck. (We will NOT be bringing the car down that far again, Dave is under strict instructions!)

We will be in touch about another visit, with the girls, next weekend if thats ok, and of course will call before hand.

Looking forward to it already, and the chance to go puppy shopping!

Take care, and thanks again.

Lindsay x

Commore
05-Nov-10, 17:13
Hi Commore,

Just wanted to say thank you to you and your husband today for the very welcoming and helpful arrival at the croft! The puppies, and parents alike, are all absolutely gorgeous and we are very thankful to you for accepting us as a forever home for Muck. (We will NOT be bringing the car down that far again, Dave is under strict instructions!)

We will be in touch about another visit, with the girls, next weekend if thats ok, and of course will call before hand.

Looking forward to it already, and the chance to go puppy shopping!

Take care, and thanks again.

Lindsay x

Ditto! Lindsay and it was a pleasure to meet with you & yours too.
I / we are 100% satisfied that "Muck" has found his forever home!
:)L.

Sarah
05-Nov-10, 23:03
that statement has been bugging me all night, Sarah.

I thought therefore, so that there is no doubt in the minds of others,
to put matters right,
I am not struggling to find homes for these puppies,
I am not even struggling to find the right homes for them.

And I have made the decision not to spay / nueter their parents,

And I object to the condescending attitude you appear to taken with regard to what is essentially my business.

I trust that I have made my position clear?

I'm not wanting to cause bother. It's just you have made several posts advertising these puppies. It just bothers me that 41 dogs are being put to sleep everyday in the UK, several are puppies, due to people not being able to find homes for them all.

I won't reply on one of your threads again. Sorry.

unicorn
06-Nov-10, 00:24
I think commore is doing the sensible thing and advertising the pups in plenty of time to get them good homes. If you are concerned there are others on this forum you should maybe be looking at.

Commore
06-Nov-10, 11:10
I'm not wanting to cause bother. It's just you have made several posts advertising these puppies. It just bothers me that 41 dogs are being put to sleep everyday in the UK, several are puppies, due to people not being able to find homes for them all.

I won't reply on one of your threads again. Sorry.

Sarah, I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else, we are however, very experienced with dogs, we bred the golden retriever for over forty years and in all that time, not once did we let a dog go to an irresponsible new owner,
we have considerable experience in the adoption of dogs too and we have taken on pregnant bitches and we have found forever homes for those puppies too,
I fully understand your reasoning behind those remarks you have made to my posts, I feel the same compassion you feel with regard to the high state of seemingly canine neglect, in this country and beyond, however, I can only deal with my puppies in a manner that I deem is best for them,

I would prefer that you did not take my comments too personally and that you did continue to make comment on my posts,
as a dog lover you have valuable input to a forum such as this,
Unicorn is right though,
there are a number of other posts on the forum who shall we say would benefit more, from some of those remarks you have made to mine.

Can we still be friends?:)
It would appear not.

babaloo2roo
08-Nov-10, 13:09
Couldn't agree more. We got vetted before we got our dog and needed to travel to Falkirk with the kids for this. You don't just get a dog willy nilly and neither if you are a responsible person give your puppies to anybody either.
When our dog has puppies prospective families will be screened also and if they are struggling etc then the option will be given to first notify ourselves and we will take the dog back.
It is not the cost but the welfare of the animals that comes first.
As for Sarah i am sure no one has questioned how she manages with costs etc for her brood of animals.

KEEP GOING THE WAY YOU ARE. YOUR DOING A GRAND JOB.

Commore
08-Nov-10, 19:02
Couldn't agree more. We got vetted before we got our dog and needed to travel to Falkirk with the kids for this. You don't just get a dog willy nilly and neither if you are a responsible person give your puppies to anybody either.
When our dog has puppies prospective families will be screened also and if they are struggling etc then the option will be given to first notify ourselves and we will take the dog back.
It is not the cost but the welfare of the animals that comes first.
As for Sarah i am sure no one has questioned how she manages with costs etc for her brood of animals.

KEEP GOING THE WAY YOU ARE. YOUR DOING A GRAND JOB.

Thank you, I have made the above a condition of obtaining a puppy in the first place,
Also I have one suitable home thus far and I have absolutely no doubt that this young family will look after the puppy,
already in place are appointments with vets, insurance of the puppy is in hand, bed, blankets, bowls and toys have been purchased and food is on order.
All this and they still don't have the puppy yet,

and not only that, but they are taking the time to get to know the puppy before it leaves our home,
if that is not "taking resonsibility" I don't know what is.
all I can say is this puppy is one lucky wee lad, :)

lindsaymcc
08-Nov-10, 19:56
Thank you, I have made the above a condition of obtaining a puppy in the first place,
Also I have one suitable home thus far and I have absolutely no doubt that this young family will look after the puppy,
already in place are appointments with vets, insurance of the puppy is in hand, bed, blankets, bowls and toys have been purchased and food is on order.
All this and they still don't have the puppy yet,

and not only that, but they are taking the time to get to know the puppy before it leaves our home,
if that is not "taking resonsibility" I don't know what is.
all I can say is this puppy is one lucky wee lad, :)

AWWWW :):) Thanks Commore! We are so thankful to you for allowing us one of those gorgeous little pups! The girls are counting sleeps until friday when they can see the pup for themselves!
Everything is indeed in hand, and we are looking forward to being "Jake's" (we think he will be a Jake!) forever home!

Commore
08-Nov-10, 20:19
AWWWW :):) Thanks Commore! We are so thankful to you for allowing us one of those gorgeous little pups! The girls are counting sleeps until friday when they can see the pup for themselves!
Everything is indeed in hand, and we are looking forward to being "Jake's" (we think he will be a Jake!) forever home!

Jake? sounds good to me!
and yes we shall see you on Friday.............:)

lindsaymcc
12-Nov-10, 16:30
Bumping this to the top for anyone out there seeking a gorgeous addition to their family! There are still 4 pups looking for "forever homes" and I can vouch for the fact they are adorable!

We will be bringing Jake home next week, and just cant wait!!!!!

Commore
12-Nov-10, 17:05
Bumping this to the top for anyone out there seeking a gorgeous addition to their family! There are still 4 pups looking for "forever homes" and I can vouch for the fact they are adorable!

We will be bringing Jake home next week, and just cant wait!!!!!

Jake is going around like he was the bees knees, showing off his new collar to everyone and anyone,
I must admit he wears it well and it doesn't appear to be bothering him at all.

He was out to play today and came back with collar intact which surprised us both a bit,
am guessing he must like it.

:) C

lindsaymcc
12-Nov-10, 17:54
EXCELLENT!!!!

He's a good boy!!!! Well done Jake and here's a virtual "treat" from us! xxx