PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, new here, please be gentle with me!

Wish
31-Jul-06, 19:45
Hi

I found this fab forum a couple of days ago, I live in the NW of England but its my *wish* to come and live with my family in the highlands of Scotland one day. Would love to have a bit of land and keep a few horses, goats and chickens:D Walk the gorgeous beaches, watch the beautiful sunsets and the storms:confused generally live a more enriched life in a community were people care about one another!

Hope one day, my wish comes true, but for the meantime can I please join in on the forum?

Thanks

Buttercup
31-Jul-06, 19:47
Hi Wish welcome to the org. Hope you waste many happy hours with us! :lol:

Gleber2
31-Jul-06, 19:50
Welcome Wish. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Wish
31-Jul-06, 19:51
Thanks,

can anyone tell me how I get an avatar?

Thanks x

emszxr
31-Jul-06, 20:12
oh you have to be extra special to get an avater. think you got to have 100 posts and be a member for 6 months, not 100% sure, but i'm sure someone else will tell you

welcome by the way

unicorn
31-Jul-06, 20:18
Welcome :)

Billy Boy
31-Jul-06, 20:22
welcome lol:Razz

DW
31-Jul-06, 20:26
Greetings,

Where in NW England are you?

BTW you will also notice that there is a little green rectangle in the right hand side of your postings. This is part of the delightfully heirarchical system, which operates around these parts, and is a measure of your 'reputation'. You can give positive and negative rep (and also receive it of course). The more green bits you have, the higher is your rep.

Some people think this is VERY important but many people just ignore it and all the other wee labels you acquire over the time.

I would advise you to go here http://forum.caithness.org/index.php and read all the rules before you get much older. The rules govern all of us and if you fall foul of them you are put in jail..................

Just felt you should know; the natives are mostly very friendly, and the other ones you can just ignore. [lol]
Just don't say anything bad about C A T S.

connieb19
31-Jul-06, 20:26
Welcome to the .org Wish!! :D

pultneytooner
31-Jul-06, 20:30
I wish you'd get your wish, wish.:)

Billy Boy
31-Jul-06, 20:37
http://home.elp.rr.com/discworldmud/images/wish.gif

DW
31-Jul-06, 20:46
http://home.elp.rr.com/discworldmud/images/wish.gif
Now that's what I call a concise post. :roll:

Wish
31-Jul-06, 20:51
Where in NW England are you?

I'm in Lancashire:)

Ty for all the information x

Gleber2
31-Jul-06, 21:15
I'm in Lancashire:)

Where abouts in Lancashire?

lorraine_2406
31-Jul-06, 21:19
Hi there wish hope you enjoy the org we are all a good bunch

Ricco
31-Jul-06, 22:02
Hi, Wish. What a great choice of name. The avatar will come - it is time based and also on the number of posts you do. Took me 6 months but I believe the rules have relaxed a little.

Enjoy the org - we are all a great bunch of people. Steer clear of anything political to begin with. ;)

Lolabelle
31-Jul-06, 22:27
Welcome Wish,
This is a great place to hang out. I am not from the area, I'm from Australia, but I am writing a novel set in the area. One day I will get to visit though.
I am also new and am waiting to be an orger. But I have progressed from a Junior Member to a Member, a real accomplishment I think. But someone told me that you cannot just do a continual line of posts, one after the other to get your numbers up, this results in a week long ban or something like that. So I have decided to just do my time and earn my stripes.
See ya round
Lola :D

squidge
01-Aug-06, 10:07
Welcome

You will find one or two of us lancashire folk around - enjoy

Wish
01-Aug-06, 15:34
Thanks for the lovely welcome:cool:

pultneytooner
01-Aug-06, 15:37
Welcome Wish,
This is a great place to hang out. I am not from the area, I'm from Australia, but I am writing a novel set in the area. One day I will get to visit though.
I am also new and am waiting to be an orger. But I have progressedTranscended from a Junior Member to a Member, a real accomplishment I think. But someone told me that you cannot just do a continual line of posts, one after the other to get your numbers up, this results in a week long ban or something like that. So I have decided to just do my time and earn my stripes.
See ya round
Lola :D Welcome lolabelle, hope all goes well with the book.