PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal job LOL

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 23:13
You know how you get interior designers that decorate ur house how they think "you" will like it - well why isn't there a job vacancy for someone to come in and buy all your Xmas pressie for you?.......I'd happily pay for someone else to do my Xmas shopping!!![lol]

reddevil
20-Oct-10, 23:37
me too,i never know what to buy anyone.

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 23:40
oooh niche in the market!!.....(I would put the accent on top of the e but I dunno how!)

theone
20-Oct-10, 23:47
I'll do it for £20

Scarybiscuits03
21-Oct-10, 00:00
I'll do it for £20

But what qualities have you got to bring to the job??

annemarie482
21-Oct-10, 00:13
I'D HAPPILY SPEND SOMEONE ELSES MONEY FOR THEM :D:lol:

sweetpea
21-Oct-10, 00:18
I had this convo today. I'd rather get nothing or give anything if it was a load of tat;) i wouldn't pay someone to do my xmas shopping.

Aaldtimer
21-Oct-10, 03:15
My OH has decided that she's not giving Xmas pressies this year.
She's gonna fill boxes with doggie and kittie food and donate to Balmore for the poor unfortunate animals.
Most of my pressies go to the poor unfotunate children of Nigeria who are accused of being witches.

http://www.steppingstonesnigeria.org/ :confused

brandy
21-Oct-10, 08:29
isnt that what a personall shopper does?

Torvaig
21-Oct-10, 08:38
She's gonna fill boxes with doggie and kittie food and donate to Balmore for the poor unfortunate animals.
Most of my pressies go to the poor unfotunate children of Nigeria who are accused of being witches.

Well done Aaldtimer's OH!

It grieves me to see the pain and suffering (of Christmas shoppers) when so much money could do so much good instead of all this self-indulgence, getting rid of last year's trok, and stressing out for about three months beforehand!

Sits back and waits for the flak.....:lol:

balto
21-Oct-10, 09:30

what a brilliant idea, those poor aniumals at balmore will have a wonderful xmas thanks to your wife.

badger
21-Oct-10, 09:52
Well done Aaldtimer's OH!

It grieves me to see the pain and suffering (of Christmas shoppers) when so much money could do so much good instead of all this self-indulgence, getting rid of last year's trok, and stressing out for about three months beforehand!

Sits back and waits for the flak.....:lol:

Quite right. There are plenty of charities now that do this kind of gift. Much better than more spoiling of our over-indulged children.

ShelleyCowie
21-Oct-10, 09:57
I start dreading Christmas from 26th of december. I never know what to get anybody. I tend to buy stuff for my family that they need, not just useless stuff. And to be honest, im not bothered about recieving anything back this year. So someone can do my xmas shopping anytime!! :lol:

My mum is running an appeal for Marys Meals with the church. They send a backpack of things like toothpaste, toothbrush, pencils, crayons, t-shirts etc etc over to the kids in Africa. So i made a wee donation of some stuff yesterday and im getting more today. If i can give even 1 child happiness then thats enough of a christmas present to me.

Here is a link to Marys meals incase anyone is interested
http://www.marysmeals.org/backpack_project.html

George Brims
21-Oct-10, 22:39
oooh niche in the market!!.....(I would put the accent on top of the e but I dunno how!)
There's clearly a market for French lessons too. There's no accent in "niche".

Scarybiscuits03
21-Oct-10, 22:46

There is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niche_cell
But I was using it referring to employment so you are correct - so with that I apologise!
SB

Blarney
21-Oct-10, 22:52

You were obviously paying attention in Mr Scott's class then ;)

radiohead
23-Oct-10, 10:27
If I bothered with Christmas, I would shop online for all gifts, that way I would get what I needed and still not have to visit any shops.

Scarybiscuits03
23-Oct-10, 14:04
If I bothered with Christmas, I would shop online for all gifts, that way I would get what I needed and still not have to visit any shops.

Thats exactly what I do - I refuse to go near any shops at Xmas time due to them being so busy

George Brims
23-Oct-10, 16:34
You were obviously paying attention in Mr Scott's class then ;)
Once in a while! Funny enough, he came to mind during a conversation at work yesterday. One of our professors and one of his grad students are off to Paris for a conference next week. The rest of us are just seething with jealousy.

Blarney
23-Oct-10, 21:00
Once in a while! Funny enough, he came to mind during a conversation at work yesterday. One of our professors and one of his grad students are off to Paris for a conference next week. The rest of us are just seething with jealousy.
Aye it's amazing how the language comes back to you when you are actually in the country and have a use for it - it's just a pity that you're not getting the opportunity to use it this time round!

The Happy Humanist
24-Oct-10, 17:28
I start dreading Christmas from 26th of december. I never know what to get anybody. I tend to buy stuff for my family that they need, not just useless stuff. And to be honest, im not bothered about recieving anything back this year. So someone can do my xmas shopping anytime!! :lol:

My mum is running an appeal for Marys Meals with the church. They send a backpack of things like toothpaste, toothbrush, pencils, crayons, t-shirts etc etc over to the kids in Africa. So i made a wee donation of some stuff yesterday and im getting more today. If i can give even 1 child happiness then thats enough of a christmas present to me.

Here is a link to Marys meals incase anyone is interested
http://www.marysmeals.org/backpack_project.html

That is lovely to hear Shelley. I sent everyone a Mary's Meals change box for Christmas last year... I hope they all got filled up and sent back to them:D
Can you tell me which church it is that is doing this as I would like my children to donate something to them this year?
Thanks
Kate

orkneycadian
24-Oct-10, 17:49

I'll do it for £20

I'll better that! I'll show you how to put the acute on the é for £10!

orkneycadian
24-Oct-10, 17:51
Come to think of it, does it actually have one? :roll:

Westsider3
24-Oct-10, 18:05

If you do use online shopping use the site "quidco" to go through. It is a site that gives you cashback on your online shopping. It costs £5 per year but has most retailers on it. I have used it and found no problems with it at all. All you need to do is go to their site, find the retailer you want and click on it, it automatically redirects you to the site and then you earn cashback on your sales. I have regular payments into my bank account from them! I think they are great!

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-10, 19:21
That is lovely to hear Shelley. I sent everyone a Mary's Meals change box for Christmas last year... I hope they all got filled up and sent back to them:D
Can you tell me which church it is that is doing this as I would like my children to donate something to them this year?
Thanks
Kate

Its St Peters/St Andrews church doing it. My mum helps run the youth group and they are doing it. I had never heard of it before until mum said it, thought it was a brilliant idea!

Dadie
24-Oct-10, 19:55
I love christmas shopping!
I buy those that are notorious for being awkward strange pressies.
Mum and Dad were very suprised to get their christmas pressie earlier on in the year...with instructions to USE IT NOW!....it was a midgie eater..and needed!
Last year I got 2 pals a chicken sponser thing for 3rd world people.
But I tend to just buy for kids...
And as for hubby...he is awkward to extreme..he will buy things you have earmarked for him just to try to stump you...doesnt work as there is the pants and socks pressies to fall back on if need be:lol:
Reckon I could get most people something they would be delighted with....
Even though it would seem a bit random:lol: