PDA

View Full Version : This is a bit mad!

Vistravi
20-Oct-10, 23:08
My son is 5 months old and already has his two front bottom teeth but is cutting 4 (Yes 4!) at the same time at the moment! :eek:

Thankfully they started cutting through not all on the same day but a couple of days in between and aren't bothering him too much.

Its crazy! :eek:

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 23:15
My son is 5 months old and already has his two front bottom teeth but is cutting 4 (Yes 4!) at the same time at the moment! :eek:

Thankfully they started cutting through not all on the same day but a couple of days in between and aren't bothering him too much.

Not so crazy - my daughter had almost a full set by 9 month!
Her first tooth came through not long after she was born and they kept coming, her cousin was the same! Funnily enough she didnt suffer much with teething pain either - well didna gurn about it anyways!:lol:

teenybash
20-Oct-10, 23:25
Early toothed children will be bright and quick at everything....good singers too.:)

annemarie482
20-Oct-10, 23:26
aren't they supposed to lose them sooner too! lol
thats what the old grannies say!

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 23:37
Early toothed children will be bright and quick at everything....good singers too.:)

Shes bright and quick....as for the singing - OMG NO!!!!!....But If she asks - "it's Lovely"!!![lol]

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 23:39
aren't they supposed to lose them sooner too! lol
thats what the old grannies say!

Hmm I can stop that rumour too - NO Her teeth have started coming in behind the existing ones cos they dont wanna come out!!!!!!.....Luckily the top ones are reasonably fine so no Bugs Bunny!!

Errogie
21-Oct-10, 12:43
When my wife was pregnant with our first son I had just built a new well on the croft and lined it with concrete blocks. Had the water tested at Raigmore and they said the p.h. reading was about 13 as opposed to the usual 4 to 5 for softer slightly acidic water in the Highlands. Bear in mind neutral is 7 and anything above that is very alkaline!

So down to the doctor to find out whether this would be harmful to the baby. It appeared no but we were told he would probably have good bones and it doesn't appear to have done him any harm with the only noticeable effect being that he didn't loose any baby teeth until he was about 16.

Kathy@watten
21-Oct-10, 13:28
I know of a baby born with teeth.....

welsh-witch
21-Oct-10, 15:02
my boy born with 2 front teeth n he cant sing either :Razz

mums angels
21-Oct-10, 21:20
My youngest daughter had 6 teeth before 6 months and continued to get them at a quick rate she even got her back molars that are supposed to come in between 2-3 years before she was 18 months . I had asked the dentist if it would mean she would loose them early and he said it probably wouldnt mean that she would . will just have to wait and see :)

Blarney
21-Oct-10, 23:06

You'll know all about it if you're breast feeding! :eek:

Daisy
22-Oct-10, 16:18
My three all got their teeth early, my daughter had her first one before she was three months old. She is nearly 6 and hasnt lost any baby teeth. My son is 8 and has only lost 4 baby teeth and the rest dont look like there are going any where.

So I guess it depends on the child!

ShelleyCowie
22-Oct-10, 20:11
Athrun has a full set, he has since he was about 16 months old. bottom 2 incisors (cant spell it) were last to come in.

Scarybiscuits03
23-Oct-10, 00:28
When my wife was pregnant with our first son I had just built a new well on the croft and lined it with concrete blocks. Had the water tested at Raigmore and they said the p.h. reading was about 13 as opposed to the usual 4 to 5 for softer slightly acidic water in the Highlands. Bear in mind neutral is 7 and anything above that is very alkaline!

So down to the doctor to find out whether this would be harmful to the baby. It appeared no but we were told he would probably have good bones and it doesn't appear to have done him any harm with the only noticeable effect being that he didn't loose any baby teeth until he was about 16.

Did he not look a little weird?...No offence but my daughter had almost lost her's by 6.....did he have teeth left - not ground down???

transit
23-Oct-10, 15:18
its not weird i was born with 2 teeth

Vistravi
23-Oct-10, 23:15
The four are only half way out and another two are coming! He's been putting his nashers to good use on the rusks lol. As he is being weaned and is looking for thicker food i sometimes give him half a rusk to hold and scrape his teeth on but today he used his teeth to bit it. Better than my fingers as he does not entertain a teething ring! :eek:

But on the good side at least he's getting alot at once therefore quickening up the pain process (It bothers him just before the tips come out) and he's getting better at letting me brush his nashers. Usually he just screams while i brush but it seems to help his gums atm. Maybe its also because in the morning when i do his teeth after his breakfast i do mine as well so he's seeing me do it not screaming like he does lol.