PDA

View Full Version : Ladette to Lady or Girl to posh idiot?!!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Oct-10, 23:26
Has anyone watched Ladette to Lady? It is on a bit late but OMG - some posh ....!!!!...people trying to tell normal girls how to act! Yes some of them are over the top but some of them are day to day girls! Where are they gonna use the skills they "learn" on the programme...without being singled out for being too posh?
Get real!!!
YES they do sort some lassies out but really - do we want to see girls wearing tweed and pouring tea with a seive?.....Isn't everyone different???....Fun to watch though!!!!!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Oct-10, 23:39
Kind of answered my own Q haven't I ??? Yes it is fun to watch![lol]

upolian
20-Oct-10, 08:57
answered your own question twice,

No i havn't watched it :lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Oct-10, 09:16
Iv watched the whole last series of the Aussie lassies. And to be honest....iv seen worse behaviour! :lol:

I am no "ladette" but im no lady either! Dont sieve tea, dont eat all that fancy stuff they do, dont slide my legs round when getting out of a car! Jings....dont tell them or i will be snapped up for the next season!! [lol]

Vistravi
20-Oct-10, 09:48
Has anyone watched Ladette to Lady? It is on a bit late but OMG - some posh ....!!!!...people trying to tell normal girls how to act! Yes some of them are over the top but some of them are day to day girls! Where are they gonna use the skills they "learn" on the programme...without being singled out for being too posh?
Get real!!!
YES they do sort some lassies out but really - do we want to see girls wearing tweed and pouring tea with a seive?.....Isn't everyone different???....Fun to watch though!!!!!

Defintly girl to posh edgit:roll:

Pouring tea with a sieve? What a daft thing to do and so much more time consuming!

Dadie
20-Oct-10, 10:25
If you use real tea in a pot it saves getting a mouthful of tealeaves in the last gulp!
Errm if I use the teapot i use real tea and a sieve...otherwise its a teabag thrown in a mug!
No tweed here just jeans....dont own a dress you cant wear with leggings!

Duncansby
20-Oct-10, 10:30
I’ve watched it a few times and as badly behaved and outrageous as the girls are, I sometimes think the teachers are just as bad. It’s the way they shout at their ‘students’ and are rude to them that I can’t stand. Surely courtesy works both ways…

And to be honest what use is being able to balance a book on your head …

welsh-witch
20-Oct-10, 10:30
If you use real tea in a pot it saves getting a mouthful of tealeaves in the last gulp!
Errm if I use the teapot i use real tea and a sieve...otherwise its a teabag thrown in a mug!
No tweed here just jeans....dont own a dress you cant wear with leggings!

same here, i use a sieve with tea leaves, but i did like that program i thought it was hilarious, didnt know it was back on though:Razz:Razz

Dadie
20-Oct-10, 10:39
I actually like the ritual of making real tea..warming the pot ...putting in the tealeaves adding the water and popping it on a cosy ring to brew for 5 mins...
Then to spoil the effect sieving it into my big mug (holds a pint) and curling up on the sofa with a pack of jaffa cakes....

I liked whatever series I saw of the program...
Some if not all the girls needed kicked into shape!

bagpuss
20-Oct-10, 22:48
Ah- Pygmalion

all poor Eliza wanted was to be a lady in a flower shop so she wouldn't get wet

Higgins turned her into a lady who was too posh to work- but had no money or property to attract a rich man.

Maybe the reformed ladettes can get a job as a florist? Or a waitress in Fortnums?

welsh-witch
21-Oct-10, 15:13
I actually like the ritual of making real tea..warming the pot ...putting in the tealeaves adding the water and popping it on a cosy ring to brew for 5 mins...
Then to spoil the effect sieving it into my big mug (holds a pint) and curling up on the sofa with a pack of jaffa cakes....

I liked whatever series I saw of the program...
Some if not all the girls needed kicked into shape!

pint of tea n a packet of jaffa cakes curled up on the sofa sounds like heaven, think i may do that tonite, :Razz

AliciaMackinnon
21-Oct-10, 15:52
I love it!!! Just a big laugh!!! Me and my husband watch it when ever we can!!!

Scarybiscuits03
21-Oct-10, 23:39
Ah- Pygmalion

all poor Eliza wanted was to be a lady in a flower shop so she wouldn't get wet

Higgins turned her into a lady who was too posh to work- but had no money or property to attract a rich man.

Maybe the reformed ladettes can get a job as a florist? Or a waitress in Fortnums?

I was gonna ask u what u meant - but I've just realised......very good!!!:lol: