PDA

View Full Version : House!!!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Oct-10, 23:01
Is it normal to be sitting in ur house and you can see ur hair moving in the breeze?[disgust]

teenybash
19-Oct-10, 23:21
Perfectly normal if you live in a draughty house.....happens to me all the time!!!!!:)

Scarybiscuits03
19-Oct-10, 23:27
Hmm - mine is only a couple of years old and is supposed to be "green"[disgust]

joxville
19-Oct-10, 23:58
That's the problem with greenhouses, they aren't insulated properly. At least your tomatoes will be well-aired. ;)

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 12:32
That's the problem with greenhouses, they aren't insulated properly. At least your tomatoes will be well-aired. ;)

Well aired and shrivelled - I forget to water them!
And NO it certainly isn't insulated properly!

Anyone know where I can get one of those machines that shows you how efficient your house is (shows how much heat you are losing)?

macgee
20-Oct-10, 12:40
Is it one of the electricity monitors you are wanting? If so you can get them from www.ecohamster.co.uk :)

Scarybiscuits03
20-Oct-10, 12:45
Is it one of the electricity monitors you are wanting? If so you can get them from www.ecohamster.co.uk (http://www.ecohamster.co.uk) :)

Nah it's a thing that takes an image of ur house and shows where the heat is escaping from

Albertz
20-Oct-10, 17:30
You need to do an air leakage test on your house. This basically involves slightly pressurising the house (to 50 Pascals) by using blower door equipment and measuring the air leakage (under controlled conditions). There are companies that offer these services (one local one may be about to start, or recently started, PM me for details).

In conjunction with the air leakage test speak to Caithness Energy, they have a thermal imaging camera they might offer to use during the air leakage test to accurately pinpoint the leaky spots in the house. The other alternative is to use smoke sticks which will highlight the leaky area.

I hope this helps. PM me for more details.

billmoseley
20-Oct-10, 17:39
it would be a miracle for me i'm bald a s coot :lol:

Corrie 3
20-Oct-10, 17:41
Is it normal to be sitting in ur house and you can see ur hair moving in the breeze?
Yep, when its haunted it is.....;)

Go into any house in Portgower and your hair will definately move...:eek:

C3....[lol]