PDA

View Full Version : The Faroe Islands

Rheghead
31-Jul-06, 02:01
Has anyone been and what is the best way to go for a visit? I don't mind the cold and bad weather but I would like to go this September for the Scotland away game on the 2nd. This is not the primary reason but rather a secondary one, my main reason is for wanderlust and curiosity so I promise not to cheer for the Faroes, ok!;)

I believe they will not allow duty-frees to come into the country, is this true? I know a wee tipple is a tad expensive over there.:(

Thanks in advance.

Naefearjustbeer
31-Jul-06, 09:35
I know someone who went over for a football match in the past and they bought drink from the off licence once they got over. The off licence had restricted opening hours. ie it wasnt open in the evenings or saturday afternoon. I am pretty sure that he said that a vodka and coke cost about the equivalent of £10 in a pub. So they got well on they way before they went out. Aparently a good nightlife and interesting place all be it a bit pricey.

buggyracer
31-Jul-06, 13:03
ive been several times, id advise you to go, nice place for a visit, everything is dear though, but no checks on what you bring in ;)

pm me if you need anymore advise.