PDA

View Full Version : iphone

camperbus
19-Oct-10, 16:47
hi does anybody know how to unlock the iphone 3g or do i have to go to inverness

Scarybiscuits03
19-Oct-10, 16:51
Phone ur network provider and they can do it if it won't accept a different sim already.

camperbus
19-Oct-10, 16:57
its a second hand one i bought from a mate so do i have to phone who it was locked with as it is 02 and i am with 3

Scarybiscuits03
19-Oct-10, 17:00
its a second hand one i bought from a mate so do i have to phone who it was locked with as it is 02 and i am with 3

Yeh give o2 a ring and they should be able to unlock it. Thats what I did when I changed mine to Vodafone

camperbus
19-Oct-10, 17:15
can only get to a automated service will have to see if i can find o number to phone thanks anyway

JWM
19-Oct-10, 17:20
Your best bet is to jailbreak your iphone and install Ultrasn0w.

camperbus
19-Oct-10, 17:32
easy for you to say not very good with computers

EDDIE
19-Oct-10, 19:06
hi does anybody know how to unlock the iphone 3g or do i have to go to inverness

providing the phone isnt stolen all you do is phone up 02 they charge a fee and cant remember how much it is but they take it of your credit within 14 days you get a text saying its unlocked and you then sync the phone through itunes and thats it unlocked for good then all you do is put what ever new sim in the phone resync through itunes to get the setting for that sim card and so on with every new sim card.
Its better doing it the proper way you try and jail break it or get some 3rd party person to do it you risk turning the phone into a brick for the sake of about £20 ?
My iphone is unblocked thats what i did
Im with vodafone now with a 30 day contract [pay £20 month for 600 free min 500mb internet and heap of text cant remember how much i thought that was better than a pay as you go sim card?