PDA

View Full Version : French fuel riots

bagpuss
18-Oct-10, 22:49
Suddenly France has a fuel shortage. One of my husband's friends had to abandon his car- laden with cases of champagne for his daughter's wedding in Paris, and take the Eurostar home.

If fuel became scarce her- how would you rearrange your life?

Kenn
18-Oct-10, 23:45
Walk!............................................. .........

theone
18-Oct-10, 23:52
A genuine nationwide fuel shortage would hurt us badly up here.

If Tesco stopped sending delivery lorries up we'd really be in trouble!!!

Corrie 3
19-Oct-10, 08:56
Buy a horse !!

C3....;):roll:

Phill
19-Oct-10, 09:03
I would take to ze streets while talking funny and burn things.

Errogie
19-Oct-10, 20:25
Well I suppose that their actions are one way to enforce early retirement!

What makes the French so bolshie?

golach
19-Oct-10, 22:23

Eatting too much horsemeat, garlic and cheep plonk [lol]

EDDIE
20-Oct-10, 07:15
Well I suppose that their actions are one way to enforce early retirement!

To be honest about it i understand were there coming from and i hope they win you work all your life and pay your taxes you should be entitled to good retirement.
Maybey the uk citizens are getting soft maybey we should take a leaf out there book?

bekisman
20-Oct-10, 09:37
Remember back in (I think) 1987, Mrs Beks and I travelled over to France, via Plymouth to Roscoff.. spent a week touring France and made our way back to the ferry.. as we came up to one of the roundabouts near the harbour area, the white van in front of us, suddenly stopped, half a dozen 'student-looking' folk got out, and preceded to drag tyres and pallets from the back and place them on the road.
"Sod this" says Mrs Beks and with a dodgy bit of driving, went up and on the verge around them (which seemed for some inexplicable reason to make 'em rather annoyed)..
A short distance down the road, we pulled over (no further traffic behind) and watched as they built their barricade.. within a few minutes police had arrived, and we watched as they simply got out of their vehicles, lent against their vans, folded their arms, and just watched..
A short while after that smoke appeared and we presumed the tyres/pallets had been set on fire - still no action from the Gendarmerie.. after satisfying our curiosity in an example of French expression of 'something' carried on to the Ferry - which was delayed a few hours..

Paul_and_Anna
20-Oct-10, 10:08
Fortunately, we don't have a car at the present time, however it would also have an effect on heating oil, we've therefore ordered early to avoid the price hike that inevitably comes with this type of activity.

I can also see something similar happening here during the course of the winter.

TUC = Territorial Under Cuts. :)