PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tugmistress
18-Oct-10, 21:11
Just been having a mooch through the charts, winter is definately not far off!

looking like it's going to be cold enough in the upper air temp for sleet or snow to fall on high ground tuesday and wednesday eek, maybe even cold enough for coastal areas to have a snow shower or two, and yes i know we've had hail today i've been out in it lol

wind is staying from the northerly direction until wednesday where it goes more northwest and then thursday further into the west so bringing a bit warmer wind from the atlantic rather than from the arctic circle.

temperatures will be lucky to reach double figures, and for those of you that have to get up early be prepared to scrap some ice off the cars for a couple of mornings.

if we get snow fall in the next few days, it'll be the first time since i started doing weather that i can remember getting our first shower in october, if i am remembering correctly it's usually around the 11th november we get our first fall of winter - does this bode for another long cold one?

balto
18-Oct-10, 21:14
cant wait, makes christmas that bit closer lol,

annemarie482
18-Oct-10, 21:16
typical!
i've got my driving test this week!

Scarybiscuits03
18-Oct-10, 21:59
typical!
i've got my driving test this week!

Oh dear! Good luck and fingers crossed the weather is kind!

Kodiak
18-Oct-10, 22:14
Thank you Tugs for this info it is appreciated.

BRRRRR Indeed and I hope your little flurry of Snow will not come to much. Early Snow can be a sign of a milder winter but on the other hand although not as cold it be a longer winter. If that makes sence. :)

Tugmistress
18-Oct-10, 22:18
Shouldn't come to much at all really, just a chance of a shower or two that's all if any in coastal areas but i would certainly expect snow on the high ground especially if you're heading south on the A9 past inverness etc

yes that makes sense kodiak, i guess we will just have to wait and see which type of winter we are going to get lol

chaz
18-Oct-10, 22:24
Thank you , your weather updates are always appreciated:D

Gronnuck
18-Oct-10, 22:30
Thanks Tugs - time to get out the thermals and be prepared.

DeHaviLand
18-Oct-10, 22:31
Two years ago Wick had around 2 inches of snowfall on the 16th of October :(

Vistravi
19-Oct-10, 21:34
Better dig out the winter coat, hat, gloves and scarf if thats the case then. Haven't got scoobies as to where i have stored everything! ;)

Swannie
19-Oct-10, 21:54
Drove to Perth from Inverness this afternoon and it was heavy sleet/snow showers from about Carrbridge until Bruar and car showed minus 0.5 degrees but after that arriving at Perth it was up to 6 degrees at 18.30 hours! Dusting of snow on Cairngorms and also on Ben Wyvis earlier in the morning.
:~(

teenybash
19-Oct-10, 22:07
Got my ear muffs at the ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)