PDA

View Full Version : Band Photography

Gothicka
30-Jul-06, 16:39
This was put up before but i'm re-submitting in the hope of more feedback!

My name is Cari, i'm an art student with also a huge passion for music. In my spare time i'm a really keen photographer, and it has helped my other work hugely. What i'm looking for from members of the Caithness band scene is the oppotunity to work with them, i know that photography plays a huge part in how a band is represented and pre-conceived by an unknown audiance. I'm looking for any bands willing to take me on to do some work for them. I'm willing to do pretty much anything from live shots to promotional work for posters or album/EP artwork. Even just general photography for websites ect. I have worked with bands before, and work in a professional manner from the outside, creating the images that they want or capturing for them a range of images to represent to who they are, what they are like, or which harmonise with their music style.

What i crave most is the experience and the oppotunity to better my work.

Examaples of my work can be views here : www.palegreenstars.deviantart.com
However more examples are avaible on request.

Please contact me by email at pale-green-stars@hotmail.co.uk

Jeid
30-Jul-06, 22:45
Why not post some of the work you've done with bands? I'm not seeing much on your deviant art page.

Gothicka
30-Jul-06, 23:00
Hmm could do, i tried to get the whole hosting thing working before and it was a bitch. But to be honest with you, i don't expect any replies, i took alot of the work with bands down from my DA gallery and forgot to put it back up just because i was limiting myself with deviations.

Jeid
31-Jul-06, 03:20
Why not use imageshack (www.imageshack.us) to host some of the pictures you've done?

I don't think many people are actually looking for pictures to be taken.

Best thing to do is just turn up at gigs and take pictures of bands. If they have a website, offer them the pictures for use on their site, as long as you get the credits.

Gothicka
31-Jul-06, 11:08
Thnx for the link.

I had to try at least, but to be honest i think your right, just ain't a really point or reason for it all in this scene. Oh well, just try something different instead.

Jeid
31-Jul-06, 11:25
Giving up so easily?

Practise your live shots!

Gothicka
31-Jul-06, 15:03
Its not so much giving up as knowin when what im doing isn't needed or wanted, there are other things i can practise my live shots with, and i shall indeed!

moncur
31-Jul-06, 15:20
Why not show up at the BIG GIG in Thurso to take some live shots, or even just around the pubs? Plenty of bands are gigging in pubs right now. Im sure most of the bands at the big gig will be greatful and will happily post them on websites giving u credit (Including my bands). I think i know who u are anyway but dont want to say on a public forum.

Jeid
31-Jul-06, 15:22
Moncur is right, just turn up and shoot!

moncur
31-Jul-06, 15:37
woops, just read the first post. I do know u after all. And believe it or not, some bands do want a band photo (You're just a few days late for my band as we are getting a friend to do ours)

Gothicka
31-Jul-06, 16:04
Yeah, tis an idea, just crappy working both Fri and Sat nights and these days Sunday nights too!! Will def try my best tho.

Gogglebox
01-Aug-06, 03:06
Why not show up at the BIG GIG in Thurso to take some live shots, or even just around the pubs? Plenty of bands are gigging in pubs right now. Im sure most of the bands at the big gig will be greatful and will happily post them on websites giving u credit (Including my bands). I think i know who u are anyway but dont want to say on a public forum.

Pm'd and invited AND CONFIRMED

We have a photographer there but the more the merrier

roblovesplastic
02-Aug-06, 20:04
http://palegreenstars.deviantart.com/gallery/

Looks really nice and you have obviously put looooads of hard work into your pictures.

Im jealous as you have this talent so young.

inspirational.

Gothicka
02-Aug-06, 22:06
Thank you, its what i love, and i don't think it is anywhere near as hard work when you love it. I look forward to hearing your band!!

Deemac
05-Aug-06, 01:18
What kit you got?

How sussed are you with photoshop?

With digital this can be a real creative tool.

Gothicka
05-Aug-06, 09:45
My digital cam is a Fijifilm Finepix S7000, i used photoshop throughout school i wouldn't say i was any kind of expert though and because i only usually do simple photomanipulation i prefer to use the package i got with my camera, i do want to develop on that in the future tho and photoshop will be really good for that.

K dragon
05-Aug-06, 15:09
yeah but you have a keen eye for a good shot too, that i believe is the most important tool and skill of all.

(beems with philosophical delight)

lol

Gothicka
05-Aug-06, 16:05
you sound like my course tutor for next year! hehe must have a philosophical debate with u sometime, i gained some gems of knowedge from my course last year, every time my dad annoys me with his oppinions i just rant on about him and his "Kantian" view on life lol